I hope you all had a lovely summer. It’s just zipped by in a sunny/rainy flash hasn’t it. I have absolutely loved it if I am honest. Yes the kids have driven me mad at times, but I have really enjoyed our adventures including our family holiday. I am looking forward to some form of routine
- Plan our holiday to Wales DONE. We visited so many lovely places on our trip to Anglesey. I wrote about 5 of our favourite places here.
- Visit Hanbury Hall, Croome and Errdig NT. FAIL! Instead we visited other National Trust sites including Dudmaston, Carding Mill Valley and two in North Wales so maybe not so much of a fail.
- Get school ready. DONE. We have been so lucky this year to be sent so much lovely stuff to review. Check out our back to school reviews with the Disney Store, Nutmeg, Kickers and Start-rite shoes. Cannot believe school is upon us on Tuesday, crazy.
- Arrange play dates. DONE. It has been a mammoth summer of playdates including meeting up with various bloggers including Louise, Danielle, Emma, Sammie and Laura. Good skills indeed!
- Have a day in the city. FAIL. Instead we had a day trip to Llandudno enroute to our holiday which was flipping lovely and look at that view.
September will be the biggest month of change I’ve had since having the girls in 2013. I will have six hours to myself a day. What will I do? I really need to get more organised and get back into some routine after long summer days of fun.
- Rejoin Slimming World. I have been so awful this summer and put on a stone. I’ve skipped so many weigh ins but you know what? It has been good. I have been able to enjoy the summer holidays without stressing about food. I am lucky I have the option to be able to work it all off now September is here and the kids go back to school.
- Start exercise classes. I currently hold a gym only membership which I froze over the summer, knowing I wouldn’t use it. I will now be able to go to the morning exercise classes they run for an extra £5 a month so I’m looking forward to it.
- Read more. We have been regularly visiting the library and I always end up helping the kids. I want to start reading again. I loved reading the Louise Pentland book I was sent to review, so I need to get back on the reading trail.
- Organise the house. Oh wow the house really has gone downhill during the summer. I sorted out so many clothes but need to actually move them off the landing. Everywhere just needs a good sort out. When I decide to gut, I really gut everything!
- Enjoy Blog On. I absolutely love Blog On. This will be my 4th one and I’ve enjoyed all of them. I am also really excited to finally meet my buddy Stevie from A Cornish Mum. We have been chatting forever so I am excited to meet her in person.
Enjoy September and make the most of the last few nice days and light nights before we are on the countdown to Halloween!
Loading InLinkz ...
It is under three weeks until we set off for our trip to Disneyland Paris. To say I’m excited is quite the understatement. I’ve been busy buying Disney clothes and planning our days I can’t quite believe how fast it has one round.
Ever since I was a little girl crying at Dumbo and dreaming of being Cinderella as I clip clopped around our living room in my Mom’s baby blue high heels, Disney has been such a favourite and special part of my life. I don’t think I realised how special until we booked our holiday. View Post
When you are offered the chance to review: Disney on Ice Presents Frozen at the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham, you know you are going to score some serious parent points. Almost three years from the release of the film, Frozen mania is still going strong and this show from start to end was truly magical.
We have never been to see a Disney on Ice show before so wasn’t quite sure what to expect. My daughters turned three in June and I did wonder what they’d make of it all in a large arena, but from when the lights went down and the biggest grins spread across their faces I knew that they were the perfect age to enjoy. View Post
Hi guys. Here is the place to link up your monthly bucket list. If this is your first time then you can see how it all works by seeing some old Monthly Bucket List posts here.
What do we all think of the new badge? I thought it was time for a new spruce up!
The list can be as personal or professional, short or long, achievable or dreamy as you like! There are no zero rules or pressure here.
Each month I’ll do a round up of what I can cross off my list as doing and what else I may want to add/ take off. It’s a great way to bounce other ideas off everyone else – and nab ones you hadn’t thought of. Sharing is caring people!
So why not join in? You’ll only ever have to do 12 posts in a whole year – easy peasy. This Linky will run on the last day of every month and will be open for 7 days afterwards. As with all other linkies – add your link & copy my badge to your post and hey presto!
I will comment and RT all posts so make sure you’re following me on Twitter. Grab the badge below for your posts and off you go.
Here is how I got on last month:
1. Get school sorted. DONE. I had meetings with C’s new teachers, with the girls nursery teachers not to mention trips, discos and picnics but I managed it all and he’s now broken up!
2.Possible book a holiday. DONE. You can find out where we are going…here!
3.Blog changes. ISH. The lovely Donna from What The Redhead Said gave me a critique and I’ve started making a few tweaks but I need to properly sit down and get it looking ship shape.
4.Reach 3k on Instagram and 6K on Twitter. DONE. Yayyyy I am over both and it was a really nice feeling.
5.Lose half a stone.
6.Organise our London trip. As you read this I will be there! Look out for a few reviews I have got lined up.
Good luck and enjoy the summer break. It’s scary to think when I next write this they’ll pretty much be over and my babies will be starting nursery, gulp!
Loading InLinkz ...
During half term, we took our first ever trip to Butlin’s Bognor Regis as we have been chosen this year as ambassadors. We have never ever been to this iconic holiday venue so were keen to see what it was like. Prior to the trip, I had researched a lot online and loved that the website gave us a countdown which Charlie wanted to check regularly! We were very excited that during May half term Dick and Dom were visiting so Charlie was ready to do some shouting of “bogies!”
Bognor Regis is in Sussex and was about three and an half hours away from us so we set off early as it was Bank Holiday Monday and luckily missed the traffic. As we were super super early (like 10.30am!) we headed into Bognor and had some breakfast before popping over to have a look at the beach. It was quite warm so we built stone castles that the kids loved. We then headed back to the site so our holiday could begin!
I have been doing periodic reviews of the Polar Loop 2 activity band I was sent back in December and three months on, I thought I’d share my final opinions.
I decided in January that enough was enough and I needed to adopt a healthier and sustainable lifestyle. No longer would evenings be spent bingeing on crisps, fizzy drinks and copious amounts of cheese and bread. Along with the diet side, my fitness levels were shocking. At the grand age of 30, walking to the top of the stairs and being out of breath really was quite shameful so the Polar Loop 2 came at the right time for me.
When we started, it was a real competition between my husband and I to see who could complete their daily goals but since February he has been on a much more manual contract therefore he hasn’t worn his band as much for fear of damaging it when fitting seats and having to get his arms into very small spaces for fixing. I still wear mine but have had a few issues with it popping open randomly which has sometimes resulted in me taking it off in case I lost it when playing at the park with the kids. View Post
We are super excited that in a few weeks we are off to see the girls favourite piggies in Peppa Pig’s Surprise tour.
The Peppa Pig live stage show, Peppa Pig’s Surprise, is currently on tour and is visiting theatres across the UK & Ireland until this autumn in 2016. This brand new show marks the seventh consecutive year of wonderful Peppa Pig live theatre tours (the first tour was in 2009) and the fourth Peppa Pig stage production in total. We are really excited as the girls are huge fans and never seen her live.
In Peppa Pig’s Surprise tour audiences will enjoy interactive fun, games and, of course, surprises. This charming, colourful new show features new songs and new life-size puppets. Peppa Pig’s Surprise promises to be the perfect theatre show for all pre-schoolers. View Post