Breaking Bad, Catching Up and Bargain Nails #LittleLoves

I love to do a weekly post where I can that gives a round-up of my week. It’s easy to forget that my blog is ultimately all about me and my family so I like to update you guys on what we’ve been up to and #LittleLoves gives me the perfect opportunity to do this. So welcome 2018 and my first #LittleLoves post of the new year.

I made a special trip to the library as I have decided I want to read more. I chose three books and have made a start o this one from Lindsey Kelk called We Were on a Break. I’ll be completely honest with you, I often pick a book based solely on the cover and title. I am definitely a chick-lit kinda girl, which I know isn’t very high brow but I read for escapism and trashy books are definitely my thing.

I’ve only just started reading it but it feels good to have paper in my hand!

I have said many times before, I am ALWAYS light years behind everyone when it comes to cult viewing, so yes this week I have started Breaking Bad on Netflix. Already I’m in the middle of the second series. I am the sort of person who will completely drop everything to binge watch and that’s what I have done. As soon as the kids go to bed, I am there with the Netflix box. I usually love Celebrity Big Brother but for the first time ever, I simply can’t be arsed. I had no idea who any of them were and just couldn’t be bothered.

I am also loving Instagram stories this week. Is it just me that feels like a bit of a fool as I always reply to people’s stories ands very few respond back – is it a tad stalkery?! I love feedback on mine so hoping others do.

I have heard nothing but good things about Primark fake nails. I love to get my nails done with shellac as I hate my hands, they look so chubby without nice nails. However, it’s January and we all know January sucks so whilst deciding to try to save money I decided to try these nails I’ve heard so much about. The nails come in a small pack and cost…Β£1! As ever, I was dubious but I am amazed at the final product. They look amazing and it’s my first time so they don’t look the best (namely the glue blobs I smudged!) so I know next time I need to shape them more before putting them on but I am so impressed. I’ll keep you up to date on how well they last.

I finally got round to posting on Instagram again this week and there was a lot of love for this plum coloured coat I reviewed a few months ago. It is such a brilliant colour but the last few days its been so cold I’ve had to resort to my super warm puffa coat!

I finally bit the bullet and rejoined Slimming World this week. I made the decision to re-join so I can wipe the slate clean and start afresh.
I have decided to weekly vlog my journey which has given me the push to get back into YouTube (even if I have got crazy hair in the video)

So if you are interested in my journey to lose two stone, then feel free to follow me on my YouTube channel.

We have booked our flights to Florida! I know we don’t go until November but I am SO excited. It feels like everything is falling into place and it’ll be here before we know it. We still haven’t told the kids but have informed the school. I feel like I’m going to pop keeping it a secret but I know it’ll be the best surprise ever.

1. 12th January 2018 / 8:07 am

That coat is gorgeous. My daughter swears by Primark nails. I watched Breaking Bad all the way through but I never really enjoyed it. #littleloves

2. angiemwebster77
    12th January 2018 / 11:00 am

Nothing better than a book in your hand, I love the feel and smell of the pages (I’m such a weirdo!). I often stop myself from responding to Instagram stories as it feels a bit odd, but I do love watching them. Exciting news about Florida ! Have a great weekend x #LittleLoves

3. 12th January 2018 / 11:11 am

I love Insta-Stories, and slowly getting the hang of posting to it! How exciting, booking Florida! Definitely a wonderful surprise for the children! Have a wonderful weekend..Popping over from #LittleLoves

4. 12th January 2018 / 6:30 pm

I love the look of your coat its such a lovely colour. How exciting about booking to go to Florida I’m feeling jealous.

5. 12th January 2018 / 7:57 pm

How exciting that you’ve booked your flights to Florida! We are planning our first family holiday there in 2019, it’s about the only thing that gets me through work at the moment. What a wonderful surprise! Also, I love that coat! It’s gorgeous and really suits you. Enjoy your weekend xx

6. 12th January 2018 / 8:50 pm

I’m with you on being behind on TV shows. I tend to start on a show a few seasons after everyone else and hang on til the bitter end when everyone else has stopped watching. Breaking Bad has been on my list for ages but I’ve recently started on Grey’s Anatomy – 14 seasons to catch up on!!!

7. 13th January 2018 / 7:01 pm

What an amazing surprise for the children. I am also always behind on the cult classics, we started with Breaking Bad but haven’t managed to get past the first season. Everyone keeps telling me its worth preserving with so you never know! Love the coat – really suits you x #LittleLoves

8. 13th January 2018 / 10:09 pm

wow that’s amazing they are going to be very excited. Good luck keeping it a secret! I’m a chick lit lover too, I’ll be adding this to my reading list x

9. 14th January 2018 / 2:45 pm

Love that jacket on you such a beautiful color. That book sounds great too. Although I couldn’t stop thinking of the Friends episode of Ross and Rachel “We were on a break”. hahaha Hope you had a great weekend. #littleloves

10. 15th January 2018 / 8:28 pm

Florida, how exciting! I love the colours of the nails. Braking bad is so good I bet you would of finished it in no time.

11. travelingchristie
    16th January 2018 / 3:14 pm

Ah i bet you are so excited to go to Florida we just love it there and did I see you had a win this week, HUGEEEEE congratulations I am thrilled for you. Do you know I never get into Netflix series we have it but i never think to watch anything on it, the boys use it but it just doesnt occur to me ! #Littleloves

12. 17th January 2018 / 10:33 am

Love the colour of your nails. I’ve bought Primark ones before and was really impressed considering the price.
    Enjoy Breaking Bad, it’s completely absorbing isn’t it? Way better than CBB πŸ˜‰
    Hope you’re having a good week x