I have some very exciting news to share, if you read my Little Loves post you may already know but if not, I have been picked to be on the Netflix Stream Team this year. This means I will be giving you the low down on all the new releases, must watch shows and my own recommendations for all the family. I will also be doing this with the aid of my amazing Netflix mug that I was sent, along with a whole host of goodies those lovely folk at Netflix HQ sent us. I am way too obsessed with this mug as it is so freaking cool!
I have been given access to Netflix for the next 12 months. We have had Netflix for the past few years so have loved being able to binge watch many of the cult shows to come from Netflix. I have to say Making A Murderer literally bought our lives to a halt as we could not watch them fast enough – that was the first time we really got hooked on a TV show. I am the sort of person that if I don’t have the option of watching them all in one go, I quickly lose interest. That’s why I am such a fan of Netflix; there’s no cliff hangers and waiting a week whilst trying to dodge spoilers across social media.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, I’m sure you’ve heard about Netflix but
What is Netflix?
- Netflix is the world’s leading internet television network with 104 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV programmes and films per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films.
- Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
- Netflix membership is a month-to-month subscription that begins on the date you sign up. No contract, no cancellation fees, no commitment, and the first month is free!
Pick your price, pick your plan!
- Netflix offers 3 membership plansto suit your needs. Your plan will determine how many people can stream Netflix content at once, and whether you can view in Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), or Ultra High Definition (UHD).
- Follow these easy steps to start watching Netflix today:
- Choose the membership plan that’s right for you.
- Create an account by entering your email address and creating a password.
- Enter a payment method so you don’t miss a single episode when your free trial ends.
- That’s it. Stream on!
Tempted? Here are a more reasons to try. These are my shows that I have been absolutely rating this past month:
Starring Jason Bateman as the lead, I was hooked from the first episode which is filled to the brim with excitement. It follows Bateman who is a financial advisor, who has been involved in some dodgy dealings and then has to relocate to the Missouri Ozarks after promising to launder $500 million dollars in five years to appease the drug dealers. It is a bit gory in places but the story will have you utterly hooked.
I am a huge Emma Watson fan so was keen to watch this Netflix Original based on a book. As a blogger, it made me open my eyes to how the world is changing. We as a society are sharing more and more of our lives online and the public pressure can be somewhat overwhelming, to be transparent. Watson undertakes an experiment to live stream her whole life 24/7,but it shows the effect it has on those around her. I have to add here that I was a tad disappointed with the ending. I won’t spoil it but it was a bit of a let down.
This series had me laughing out loud in places. It follows a group of 80s actors who are cast to star in a wrestling show. It sounds a real odd mix but you really find yourself rooting for them. The lead actress Alison Brie is hilarious as the wrestling baddie Ruth and I absolutely love her throughout.
To The Bone
This gritty Netflix original shows the harsh reality an eating disorder can bring, not only to a person but a whole family. It makes you look beyond the face of it and realise that it’s not so easy as just eating again to be healthy. It is littered with light-hearted moment and has a touching bond between Ellen and Luke. Keanu Reeves also stars as the Doctor who offers alternative methods of treatments to get these ids on the road to recovery.
El Chapo will fill the Narcos shaped hole in your lives. It is based on the true story of Mexican drug lord Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzman and documents the rise and fall of the drug baron who famously escaped prison twice in the 90s. Fans will be pleased to know that series two of El Chapo will be out later in the year.
I am always look for suggestions on new things to watch so please let me know what I should be watching. Also, if you have kids – the Minions movie has just beeb released! With the weather being so pants, it’s a great way to spend a rainy afternoon in erm, August!