School’s out for summer! (Can anyone say that without breaking into song?!) Yes we finished on 21st and I cried my eyes out as my girls left nursery for the last time. It really feels like such an end of an era with my last babies finishing. It’s the knowing that this time, it is final. No more babies. Sob. This month’s bucket list took me by surprise as I have officially lost track of what day/date it is. A sign the summer hols are really underway. I am yet again in shock that July is over, but here’s my list for last month and how I got on.
- Enjoy the girls. DONE. We had some lovely days out including trips to National Trust and also our impromptu trip to Cbeebies Land which they just adored. I definitely feel like I capitalised and have made the most of term time fun.
- Plan days with my sister. DONE. My sister was off three days last week and we went shopping (minus the kids as my Dad looked after them) and then we took my Gran for lunch with my Dad. My Gran is 84 and sharp as a knife. I absolutely love being able to take her out and treat her. She loves the kids so much and we love going to see her. We must go see her more this summer too.
- Start uniform shopping. DONE. Oh yes I have been super organised and started buying a few bits. We are really lucky that we are being sent some shoes to review along with some uniform, so keep your eyes peeled for our thoughts.
- Stay in target. FAIL. I have been yo-yoing yet again, but have decided that it’s the school holidays and we are likely to be having more treats and I shouldn’t beat myself up for it. I am going to enjoy time with my three without worrying about a few pounds.
- Clear out the wardrobes. DONE. I don’t think the girls have actually got many clothes left after five binbags full on ther landing. When I tidy, I really go to town!
Anyway, with just over six weeks to entertain three kids, I need to make some pretty big plans. My husband is pretty much away Monday to Friday every week working like a crazy man so I’ll be flying solo for the most of it sadly. Nonetheless, we are off on our holiday in a few weeks. We are going to stay in my friends gorgeous holiday home in Anglesey. We usually go away Monday to Friday but this time it’s Saturday to Saturday so an extra few days of fun. It’ll be the longest the girls have ever been away for, so I’m hoping they’re good for it. So what other summer plans do we have:
- Plan our holiday to Wales. I have started looking at a few things to do when we are there. I think a day trip to Llandudno is on the cards and there’s some gorgeous National Trust sites close by that I am sure we will be going to. Fingers crossed we get a few nice days as there are so many beautiful beaches nearby.
- Visit Hanbury Hall, Croome and Errdig NT. I am aiming to make the most of our passes and having just been to Chirk last weekend, these ones are now on my list.
- Get school ready. SOB! I do need to finish getting their uniform and lunch bags. I have been quite good and got bits and pieces but I need to pull it all out and see what we need.
- Arrange play dates. I have already started on this one as today I’m off to see Louise from Pink Pear Bear and Danielle from Someones Mum so a good start to my list. The girls have a party in a few weeks for one of their best friends so that will be good, as they’ve been waiting for it FOREVER.
- Have a day in the city. I am thinking of a spontaneous day trip to a city. Not sure which one or to do what but I know Charlie loves exploring a big city.
I can’t believe when I do my next update the summer will be over – I feel like I am wishing it away. I really want August to be the best possible before we all adapt to our new routine of school. It’s feeling rather weird how much life as we know it is going to change. Hope you all make the most of your summer together too.