Do we all think the summer has been and gone? We had a mini heatwave and now lashing rain. July is supposed to be the start of the summer but it’s not looking promising is it?! June saw my babies turn four and we had a glorious BBQ with all their friends round for a BBQ. They all played on the new trampoline and in the paddling pool and didn’t leave til gone 7pm – it was fabulous. I always love June but it always makes me realise we are halfway through the year (and only half the year left until Christmas!)
Here is how I got on in June:
- Get some sponsors. DONE. I still need to collect in our sponsors but we raised over £100 which I was thrilled about. The colour run was so much fun and Charlie had a ball.
- Book a meal with my sister. DONE. We went out last Saturday in fact to The Cowshed near Pattingham and it was amazing. Such a beautiful secluded spot and the weather was warm so it was nice to sit outside too.
- Sort the back garden. DONE. We have replaced all the glass in the shed and playhouse, plus got the girls new trampoline up so it’s all looking good.
- Have a big family day out. DONE. We went to Chester Zoo a few days after the girls birthday and it was brilliant. The new play area is fantastic and we saw lots of amazing orang-utans including babies. So cute.
- Stick to a gym schedule. DONE. I have been going at least twice a week and it’s shown as I have been having lots of naughty treats yet still losing. I am going to miss being able to go over the summer when the kids are off. Never thought I would say that!
Big fat shiny gold star for me in June hey? It’s not very often I get to tick off everything on my list. It is a good feeling. So onto July, school will soon be out and the holidays upon us so what is on the list to achieve?
- Enjoy the girls. With just three weeks left of nursery, it’s time to make the most of our mornings together SOB.
- Plan days with my sister. She has a few days off at the end of the month so we need to plan somethings. Fingers crossed for good weather!
- Start uniform shopping. I’m used to only having to get a few pairs of trousers, so I need to start shopping early and spread it across as we got from buying 1 to 3. Gulp.
- Stay in target. This is SW related as I keep bouncing up and down, I would like to try to stay consistent in my gain/losses.
- Clear out the wardrobes. We are definitely due a big clear out as the wardrobes are bursting at the seams.
Doing a Monthly Bucket List always makes so acutely aware of how fast time really goes. I really regret not utilising my time with the girls more as in a few months they’ll be off to school every day and the options of a fun morning will no longer be there. Best not dwell as I’ll be sobbing!
Enjoy the rest of term and fingers crossed for some sun!