Whoaaa, we’re halfway there, woah oh! June is upon us people and that means we are officially halfway through 2017. With the sun creeping out more and more, it’s quite exciting knowing that summer isn’t far off but for me it’s all a tad bittersweet with the girls off to school soon.
June is always a very exciting month in our household as it is my girlies birthdays. They will be four next week and I am aghast at how quickly it’s gone and how big they are. They cannot wait and I am excited to see their faces when they open their presents. So what about May? Here are my goals and how I got on:
- Enjoy Blog On. I had a blast. It was the first time at a conference where I absolutely loved it. There were so many people to catch up with and I finally just felt relaxed. I absolutely love Blog On and have booked to go again in September as can’t resist it.
- Plan the girls birthday. Weather permitting we will be having some friends and their kids over on Saturday for a BBQ. I am so lucky with my group of friends I met when Charlie was at nursery and luckily all our kids genuinely get on so well.
- Visit more National Trust sites. We have been more to our local but we did venture out to Shugborough and it was gorgeous. I have got my eye on going to Croome next I think as it’s just over an hour away.
- Build some raised beds. FAIL. However, all is not lost. I did plant up some pots to hang on the fence and planted a gorgeous hydrangea and some flowers. I have also got someone to come and sort out our drive so hopefully it’ll be looking gorgeous very soon.
- Book a BIG holiday. EEEEEK! Yes I can finally confirm that we are going to Disney World next year. It is agggges away and we aren’t telling the kids but I simply cannot wait. It literally is a dream come true.
I feel like I’ve had a really productive month, however I’ve dropped off on blogging and social media a lot. I have mentioned it a few times so I won’t keep harping on about it, but I feel like I am at a crossroads and after everything that is going on, family really comes first and I am loving spending time together. With that in mind, next month is going to be family orientated I think:
- Get some sponsors. Charlie and I are doing a 5k Colour Run in a few weeks. I did it last year and it was the best fun. I am excited that Charlie is joining me, along with our friends. It is for the hospice where my Mom’s key worker is based so it’s a very important charity to me.
- Book a meal with my sister. I am trying to sort out a monthly meal so we can chat with no kids so I must try to get something booked in for us.
- Sort the back garden. I have gotten the bug for gardening so want to try to make it look a bit more presentable. I’ve ordered some new panels for the shed and playhouse windows that are cracked and looking a bit dated, so want them fitting along with digging out a huge prickly qweed area. I really want to make this look better as it’s horrible at present. The girls are also having a new trampoline for their birthday so we can finally get rid of our tatty looking one.
- Have a big family day out. I want to try to make more of a convious effort to plan things so want to put aside days and dates and go somewhere new all together.
- Stick to a gym schedule. I am very hit and miss lately so I want to aim for at least twice a week, granted it’s not possible during school holidays but I absolutely love going. I know, that sounds odd but the real reason? I can watch YouTube whilst working out. It literally is the dream!
Expect lots of super emotional posts in the coming week as my babies turn four and I ponder what I will do now they are so bg and independent! Lastly, I just want to say thank you to all the loyal link-er uppers (that’s a word yes?!) It always humbles me to see how devoted you are. You all rock.