Learning To Love Again

It is funny how you can so easily fall in and out of love isn’t it? One day you’re completely and utterly besotted then the next you could happily shut up shop and walk away. I have been feeling this quite a lot lately about social media. I go through phases where it is the absolute bees knees then others when I could happily delete everything and sail off into the sunset.

The last twelve months have seen me battle even more frequently. My Twitter account is around 8 years old and has amassed numerous friends from way way before my blogging days. When I was pregnant with the girls, it was a place of comfort, support and encouragement. Since putting more effort into my blog, it’s lost that personal touch, as has most of my social medias which makes me quite sad. A few days again, I was browsing through my original Instagram account that has around 100 followers but every one I know. Social media is just that – to be social but can you really be all that social across numerous platforms?

I feel like you can continually trying to keep all the plates spinning but it’s nigh on impossible. I cannot divide my energy and effort across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram stories, YouTube, Pinterest all whilst keeping my blog up to date. It’s impossible. Sadly, whilst you focus on one, the others slip away. So I have made a decision to stop worrying. To just do what I want – as and when. I am absolutely LOVING Pinterest at the moment. With a Disney holiday on the horizon, it has become my go to place to glean as much information as possible. With my hours wasted spent on my Pinterest, I know that my blog Facebook page has been neglected but you know what? That’s Ok. It’s Ok not to do EVERYTHING. Ultimately, I have three children and they above all are the most important. Instead of fretting and staying up until silly o’clock, I’ll switch off and relax.

I feel so annoyed that I have let myself feel so pressurised by social media. It was always the one thing I never let get on top of me, so I am adamant I am not going to start now!

The Ordinary Moments

1. 14th May 2017 / 7:28 am

I’ve never been able to keep on top of them all. I adore IG and probably spend most of time there. I dabble over on twitter and love a little chat with people. FB I just don’t do, I hate that it doesn’t show my posts to anyone. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with social media. My husband came off SM about 6 years ago and at times I’m quite jealous of that x

2. 14th May 2017 / 7:44 am

I think you have the right approach – do what you enjoy. If you’re trying to keep certain numbers of updates on certain numbers of channels, it will become a chore rather than something enjoyable.

If Pinterest is what you’re spending time on at the moment, then so be it 🙂

Glad you’ve found a way to continue to enjoy social media.

3. 14th May 2017 / 9:25 am

I love social media but I’m in a similar situation in that I only really use Instagram, it’s my go to. I check in on Twitter every so often but to be honest I’m a fan of pictures! We’re off to Disney in a couple of months and I cannot wait! #TheOrdinaryMoments

4. 14th May 2017 / 9:36 pm

It’s an easy hamster wheel to find you’ve fallen into! I know I could easily fill every day three times over with the things I want to do, and perhaps in that world I’d be the queen of social media, but I had to find out the hard way that getting stressed out by not keeping up with everything everywhere was doing me no favours. Now I use Twitter a bit, Facebook a very little bit, and Instagram and my blog are my main platforms – it’s not always easy when you think everyone else is doing everything but it’s the only way I can work – there really are only 24 hours in every day!

5. 15th May 2017 / 10:18 am

I dip in and out of social media, constantly focusing on one platform and letting the others fall to the way side x

6. 16th May 2017 / 3:29 pm

You are right about trying to keep all the plates spinning being totally impossible, most of my plates came crashing to the ground long ago! Better to have one plate spinning beautifully than loads of them wobbling around. Just go with the flow of your own river xx

7. 18th May 2017 / 11:19 am

I agree and I don’t think you are alone at in in your feelings I struggle to keep up and then feel burn out where I hate it too. I just try and keep going the best I can and doing what I can to enjoy it x #TheOrdinaryMoments

8. 31st May 2017 / 8:36 pm

So much of this has been in my head recently, I’m finding I enjoy it a lot more now that I’m just doing my own thing as and when though 🙂

Stevie x