New Shoes – The Ordinary Moments

Despite being 5’7, I have ridiculously tiny size 4 feet. They really are dinky but this definitely has its plus points as I can buy cheap kids shoes and trainers.

Yesterday, we went to get the kids feet measured. It seems that small feet seems to be running in the family. I remember Charlie’s feet growing incredibly slowly when he had small and yet again, my girls haven’t gone up. At almost 4, they are still a size 8. However they really need some new shoes for nursery. We were given loads of shoes so have been working our way but they’re still primarily wearing boots a lot so we needed to opt for something more summer-y.

It was rather spooky that when they were measured not only were they the same size as each other, but the same foot was slightly bigger down to the exact millimetre – they really are identical twins!

The girls absolutely loved choosing their shoes and despite having her heart set on a pair of sparkly pink flamingo shoes, they didn’t have them in her width so they both opted (again!) for funky dinosaur pumps. I love Clarks doodles as they are machine washable as I’m anticipating lots of park trips, so they’ll soon be looking filthy!

Charlie too had his feet measured and has only gone up half a size since having his school shoes last August. I’ve ordered him some new trainers as I refuse to pay the extortionate prices for fitted trainers. Sports Direct sell Nike and Adidas for half the price!!

I also got the girls a cheap pair of canvas type shoe just for nursery. They were £6 each so I’m sure they’ll probably not even last two months but you never know. Fashionista kids like mine always like to pick their own clothes so options are always a good idea!

The Ordinary Moments

1. 9th April 2017 / 7:32 am

We’re definitely on the other end of the spectrum – Kitty at age 6 is in adult size 2! I love the dino shoes though, I shall have to look out for those for Pip, they’re just so cute!

2. 9th April 2017 / 2:32 pm

You do have tiny feet! I’m the same height as you and I’m a size 7. I love clarks doodles too and they choose well! I also do the same and get a cheaper pair for preschool x #theordinarymoments

3. 9th April 2017 / 8:24 pm

I love the dino prints!x #ordinarymoments

4. 9th April 2017 / 8:54 pm

We are in need of new shoes for J and realised it this weekend when we had to overhaul her spring / summer wardrobe and all she had was boots and trainers! I used to be a size 2 pre pregnancy which made it very difficult to find any decent adult shoes or those without flashing lights! I’m now a size 3-4 thank goodness x #TheOrdinaryMoments

5. 11th April 2017 / 4:52 pm

I am with you on the tiny feet, although I am only 5ft 2 but I have size 4 and I think my girls will be the same x

6. 12th April 2017 / 2:39 pm

Oh how super cute are those dino shoes we love Clarke’s doodles too.

7. 12th April 2017 / 2:41 pm

Troy has size 8 feet at nearly 4 too – and LP, who is 6 in August but so dinky, has size 9! I refuse to pay stupid prices for shoes either! x

8. MARGARET gallagher
    12th April 2017 / 7:38 pm

Think my neices and nephews have had too much feed and grow
    The 9 year old has size four my two neices size 3 and they are 10
    Better stop watering them but they are always blooming

9. Louise Crocker
    13th April 2017 / 8:25 am

I’m a size 3-4 and love that I can buy kids shoes, I don’t think my kids will follow in my footsteps though, my daughter, 10 is a size 2 and my son, 13 is a 5.