We are over a third of the way through 2017 and I almost forgot to do this post as I genuinely can’t get to grips with where the time goes.
April is always a mixed month in my house as it marks the day where my Mom passed away, so it’s always a hard one and one I dread. I’m glad to see the back of it, however it’s actually been a good one family wise. Here’s how I got on:
- A night away. DONE. I took the kids up to Blackpool overnight and we had such a brilliant time. We visited Blackpool Tower and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It was so much fun and the kids keep talking about it with such fondness. Life is for living so take those risks and enjoy!
- Film a video each week. FAIL. I filmed a couple from Blackpool but I have made a list and am going to start rattling through them as I am enjoying trial and error. I know I’m never going to be a sleek polished vlogger and I’m fine with that. It’s nice to look back on fun little videos and see how the kids have grown.
- Keep up the gym. DONE. Well, despite the Easter Holiday obviously. I’ve had two really good gym sessions this week and am back in the zone. I really love the new gym, it’s so posh compared to my old one and I spend most of my workout watching YouTube – the dream.
- Buy a new foundation. FAIL. I got one – but look orange. I need to bite the bullet and g to a counter and get someone to try it, but is it just me that hates them and feels really intimated?!
- Sort the shed and playhouse. HALF DONE. I have ordered some replacement glass so that will hopefully transform them. We have a new shed roof so it looks much better.
So onto May. Withy two bank holidays and another weeks holiday, it’s always a good one. I love having the kids at home despite most thinking it’s not a cool thing to admit. Here’s what I am thinking:
- Enjoy Blog On. I am staying over the night before Blog On which I never have done before so that is pretty exciting. I am looking forward to meeting people I’ve been chatting to for ages and catching up with old friends. It’s always such a good conference.
- Plan the girls birthday. Sob. They will be 4 on 7th June so I need to get my butt into gear and decide what to get them and also what we are going to do to celebrate. We had a BBQ last year and it was just lovely but it’s all weather dependent and if April is anything to go by, you could have all four seasons in a day!
- Visit more National Trust sites. We joined the National Trust two weeks ago and already have been three times, but these are just our local ones. I have been looking further afield and would like to start visiting more as the kids absolutely love being outside playing. It’s nice to get them out and about We spent three hours just on the park on Saturday! Money well spent.
- Build some raised beds. We have a horrible patch to the right of the house where nasty prickles keep popping up making it dangerous for the kids. I have decided I think if we try to contain them with raised beds over the top at least we won’t be worrying. I am desperate to get some pretty plants outside too so this is the perfect opportunity.
- Book a BIG holiday. My lips are sealed…just watch this space (HOPEFULLY!)
If you fancy joining us then here’s how: Each month I’ll do a round up of what I can cross off my list as doing and what else I may want to add/ take off. It’s a great way to bounce other ideas off everyone else – and nab ones you hadn’t thought of. Sharing is caring people! The list can be as personal or professional, short or long, achievable or dreamy as you like! There are no zero rules or pressure here.
So why not join in? You’ll only ever have to do 12 posts in a whole year – simples! This Linky will run on the last day of every month and will be open for 14 days afterwards. As with all other linkies – just add your link below & then copy and paste my badge below into your post to let everyone know you’re joining in with Twinderelmo’s bucket list.