Blue Skies – The Ordinary Moments

What a difference blue skies can make to your week. I have felt in a completely difference mind frame this week on the days where the sun shone and the skies were blue.

I know it’s still chilly and we are nowhere near consistently nice weather, but the warm Spring days really have been such a game changer for us. The kids have gone and played in the garden after school meaning that the house is that little bit tidier and the TV and tablets go by the way side as they bounce happily on the trampoline.

I have been able to get out and sort out front garden out a bit. We had all the hedges taken out on the right-hand side of our drive, so I’ve been able to trim all the debris up and chuck it in the recycling.

The girls have definitely benefitted too as on Thursday I promised them a trip to the park. After dropping Charlie off at school, we headed to the park that is almost opposite the school and they absolutely loved it. They were in their element as it was completely empty and they were also able to go and have a nose at the skate park which is usually packed. My girls being my girls decided that sliding down on their bums was a hilarious game cue some incredibly filthy clothes!

They have asked to walk to nursery too and we have been walking back a few days too which is always good as it’s nice to mull over the school day with them. I really hope that we get more days like this as everyone just seems so much happier when there is a sniff of sunshine. I cannot wait for the summer to come albeit bittersweet as it will be our last one before school looms and my babies no longer are mine at home.

1. 12th March 2017 / 8:11 am

I completely agree, my mood instantly lifts at the sign of a blue sky. It gives me that spring in my step to want to do more. It was lovely last week, even if it didn’t last long to go outside was amazing. The girls loved it and we all felt better for some outside fun. I can’t wait for more days like this. x

2. 12th March 2017 / 8:28 am

The brighter days really have made an impact haven’t they? That and the longer evenings make me feel spring is on the way. I adore their yellow wellies by the way #TheOrdinaryMoments

3. Samantha O'D
    12th March 2017 / 1:00 pm

It’s been really nice to have a bit of sunshine, hoping it lasts

4. 12th March 2017 / 8:54 pm

It’s been so nice to get out and about this week- we have been to the park a couple of times and also played in the garden one night as well. It makes such a difference to my mood. x

5. 12th March 2017 / 9:00 pm

It makes such a huge difference when the skies are blue and it seems so much more carefree doesn’t it? X

6. MARGARET gallagher
    12th March 2017 / 10:52 pm

A bit of sunshine makes us all so much brighter -nothing better than being outdoors

7. 13th March 2017 / 6:48 am

Sunshine makes all the difference, it always lifts my mood. It’s finally reappeared in Cornwall too after a lot of grey drizzly days 🙂

Stevie x

8. 13th March 2017 / 9:40 am

I wrote a similar post this week. More blue skies and sunshine please! x

9. Lorna Ledger
    13th March 2017 / 11:39 am

Could not agree more! You just feel as if you have more life mojo!!

10. 13th March 2017 / 2:03 pm

Ahhh, thank goodness for blue skies and sunshine – getting out and about is the best remedy. I LOVE your girls’ yellow wellies!!!! They look super cool.

11. 14th March 2017 / 9:33 pm

Your girls look so much fun and I agree – it makes such a difference when the sky is blue! Athena gets so sad when she wakes up and it’s a grey day, everything is better when the sun is shining x

12. 16th March 2017 / 10:53 am

A blue sky doesn’t fail to put me in a great mood. Its so lovely now that we can all get outdoors more – yay for Spring! xx