As a blogger, I spend a heck of a lot of time on the computer, laptop, tablets and my phone. The thought of everything not being safe is quite a worry to me as nowadays it’s very simple to innocently open an email attachment and contract a nasty virus. Identity fraud is also another huge source of concern for me and I like to think that all our passwords and privacy are secure so I was thrilled to be able to review McAfee Total Protection 2017 and McAfee LiveSafe 2017. They both come as sealed cards which you open to reveal a unique protection key which needs scratching to reveal the 25 digit unique code. You then go to the McAfee activation page.
It really is as simple as it says, three steps and you’re in! You do need to enter an email address which will set up an account for you. McAfee Total protection costs £79.99 and it:
- Guards against viruses and online threats
- Avoids risky websites and help prevent dangerous downloads
- Forgets passwords with multi-factor password manager
- Protects your smartphones and tablets
- Encrypts files stored on your Windows PCs
- Includes a 100% Guarantee: Viruses removed or your money back
McAfee LiveSafe enables you to browse, bank, and shop safely with McAfee LiveSafe service which provides ultimate antivirus, identity and privacy protection for all your PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets whenever you are online. With a super quick install, it blocks threats using antivirus that’s verified by independent tests—now backed by a 100% Guarantee: a McAfee expert will remove a virus, or your money back! Please note the money back requires enrolment in auto-renewal service. It also includes secure cloud storage, plus the True Key app, which securely remembers your passwords and instantly logs you into your websites and apps, which if you’re anything like me, really need as I have hundreds to remember! LiveSafe has an RRP of £89.99. I love that the products aren’t restricted to just one computer. We are able to use it across our various devices via a link sent to my email. I have no form of protection on my phone so this has given me a boost of confidence.
Last week for the first time, my seven year old came home armed with online log in details so he can complete his maths homework online and send it back to his teacher. It’s only really been in the last six months, knowing that homework was going to start being online, that we have let Charlie use the “main” computer in the house. McAfee LiveSafe allows you to set parental controls for peace of mind that when surfing, your children aren’t going to come across something unsuitable.
Reading these stats really made me think about the kids as the internet is going to play a huge part in their futures.
• One in five (20%) parents think their child has spoken to a stranger online, while one in ten children aged 8-16 years old said they would meet with someone they met online• The majority of children (75%) learn information about online safety from their parents yet 64% of parents believe their child is more social media savvy than they are
• Over a third of parents (38%) have not made an attempt to find out what their child is doing online
• 47% of children aged 8-16 years old typically spends 10 or more hours on the internet each week
• 85% of parents think it is important that their kids are taught how to stay safe online in the next 2-5 years
Online protection is definitely something that we should all consider as the internet is such a common part of day to day life. It feels like a bit of added insurance to cover you – you wouldn’t not have contents or building insurance now would you? It really isn’t worth the risk and the cost for a whole year of cover plus support if needed, in my book is an essential.
Disclaimer – I was sent McAfee Total Protection 2017 and McAfee LiveSafe 2017 for the purpose of this review. All words and opinions are my own