Sisters – The Ordinary Moments

I’ve always been lucky to have a very close bond with my sister. We see each other pretty much every day, send countless messages and there’s always that lunchtime phone call. Since moving house last September, it means that I can actually see her house from the girls bedroom and it’s literally a 30 second walk away. To some this may seem their idea of hell to be so close to their family, but I absolutely love it and cannot imagine not being close to them.

Since we lost our Mom just over two years ago, we have become even closer. We try to go out for a meal with our partners every month and we go shopping to where we all used to go as that’s where Mom used to go to the dentist. We used to make it into a day out and introduced me to the fun of charity shops.

It’s lovely that we still are keeping on that tradition albeit at times hard that we are one less on our trip. It’s nice to be able to spend time just us as we rarely get to without concentration being diverted and conversations interrupted by three little people.

I managed to get loads of bargains and bought the most gorgeous Biba shoes in the sale.

Despite getting lost on the way home (as ALWAYS) I loved spending the day with my big sister. I’m so lucky that we are so close and have such a close bond. I do hope that when my kids get older, they get to be the same as no one knows you better than your big sister!

1. 10th July 2016 / 7:18 am

That’s so lovely that you have a great bond with your sister and spend that time together. I have an older brother and while we are close and see each often, it’s not quite the same. You don’t share the secrets like you would with a sister. I love watching my 2 girls together and I hope their bond grows into adulthood. X #TheOrdinaryMoments

2. 10th July 2016 / 8:03 pm

Lovely post. I don’t stay near my sister but when we get together it as if we’ve never been apart.

3. 10th July 2016 / 9:04 pm

Oh that’s so similar to me and my sister except that we don’t live very close together. I’m the elder by a couple of years and we were always friendly but since we lost Mum we’ve got even closer and I wish we could just pop over to see each other – we used to have lunch dates via FaceTime until I went back to work!

4. 10th July 2016 / 9:20 pm

Ah it is so lovely you have such a nice relationship with your sister. There are ten years between me and my little sister but I am so close to her and we funnily enough went shopping yesterday together. I love bargain hunting and those shoes are gorgeous. xx

5. 11th July 2016 / 1:44 pm

Ah such a lovely post, I have 2 sisters and we are all so close. I would be lost without them, I was delighted when I had 2 girls and I hope they have the same relationship as me and mine. I often say to them ‘ friends come and go but sisters are around forever!’ so true.

6. 11th July 2016 / 2:44 pm

A sister is amazing isn’t it? I have two and you’re totally right, no one knows you like your sister. It’s so nice to have that relationship and each other to share moments about your mum too xx

7. 15th July 2016 / 8:29 am

It’s lovely to have a sibling you are very close to. I have a brother and we get on well but we are not extremely close. I’m happy my boys really get on and I hope they carry on being close to each other as they get older.
    And those shoes are gorgeous!