My Monthly Bucket List – August

The school holidays are upon us and there’s six weeks of keeping the kids entertained stretching out in front of us. Good luck parents – we can survive this and make it out the other side in September!

This is going to be the last month that the girls will be at home 24/7 as they’re starting nursery in September so time to have some fun.

1. Meet up with friends. I must make this happen as I always say I will and the weeks just slip by.
  2. Bake a cake from scratch. I’m ashamed to say I’ve NEVER done this. I know how awful.
  3. Plan at least one day out a week during the holidays and be more spontaneous! Yes we need something to look forward to and instead of sticking on a film, we need to go for a walk or go to the park – regardless of our dodgy summer weather!
  4. Arrange a date night. My husband has been working so much lately so we really deserve a good date night out together.
  5. Go and see Finding Dory. I am SO excited about seeing it and cannot wait to go. This one is going to be easy to do I reckon!!
  6. Ebay clothes for Disney money. As you may know if you read my blog regularly, we are off to Disneyland Paris! I want to be able to splurge a bit plus buy the kids some costumes so I think it’s time to stick the massive storage case of clothes on eBay and try to make a bit of extra cash.

Enjoy the summer and fingers crossed the sun remembers to make an appearance!

You can find out how I got on last month and also link up your posts on my August Bucket List Linky. Good luck. Don’t forget to add the badge.

Twinderelmo

1. Margaret Gallagher
    31st July 2016 / 1:39 pm

Much the same as mine
    Really need to raise some funds to
    Have fun

2. 1st August 2016 / 9:17 am

I keep thinking about putting stuff on Ebay because we have so much we could sell. I just never round to it!

3. 1st August 2016 / 9:29 am

We have a really cool local group on Facebook where people buy and sell children’s clothes and toys etc, I think there’s another one for everything else non-child related too. I think most places have them set up now so might be worth checking out, it’s super easy to upload pictures and as it’s local theres no postage, people will just come collect or you can arrange to meet them somewhere. I have sold loads of the kids old toys this way.
    And Disneyland!!!! I am soooooo jealous!
    Have a great August x

4. Beth - Beths Unexpected Adventure
    1st August 2016 / 6:35 pm

Hope you get your date night, we have never done them but we both came up with a list of ideas so we can start having date nights even if they are at home while little ones are sleeping

5. 2nd August 2016 / 6:09 am

Disneyland! That’s exciting. I need to get on and sell off some of the kids old toys too. We’re quite lucky here in that there is a local Facebook group set up for buying and selling kids clothes and toys etc, and other one for more everyday household stuff. It’s so much easier than ebay as you don’t have to worry about packaging it up and posting it, they just come to collect or you arrange a meet up. I think most places have these kinds of pages set up now so it might be worth checking out. The one here was running for years before I ever even heard of it.
    Good luck with all your goals for the month and have a great August.
    #monthlybucketlist

6. 2nd August 2016 / 8:11 am

Good luck with your list lovely. We had a date night on Sunday as it was James’ birthday last week, it was so lovely its been nearly a year since our last proper date night.
    I am keen to see Finding Dory too, also The BFG but I’m not sure if the littler ones might find that abit scary.

7. 2nd August 2016 / 11:18 pm

I hope you get through your list! Love the new badge by the way and thanks for hosting xx

8. There's always time for tea
    5th August 2016 / 8:50 am

Disneyland exciting! I hope you have a fantastic month together before the girls start school! Thanks for hosting lovely xx #monthlybucketlist

9. Margaret Gallagher
    16th August 2016 / 1:12 pm

Just doing a sort out to sell on ebay
    Bit too nice today but needs must

10. Iris Tilley
    17th August 2016 / 6:55 am

Never ever done a bucket list so guessing I really should start one

11. 20th August 2016 / 8:33 am

I hope you get through your list, it’s a pretty good one!! I sell stuff on Gumtree as you don’t have to pay fees like eBay but the whole thing is very stressful! #monthlybucketlist