The School Fete – The Ordinary Moments

As a kid, the school summer fete was the highlight of the school year. It was a night where ALL your school friends were there – of the night time!

Friday was Charlie’s annual fete and it was the first year where we have managed to stay the whole time as usually the girls have been so shattered an hour in, we head off for home. It was also the first year Charlie wanted to go off with his mates opposed to staying with us.

There were a few of his friends whose parents were helping so were roaming around and he was so keen to stay with them to play football so I let him. The school site is all enclosed and there’s so many teachers and adults he knows plus a manned exit so it made the question of letting him so much easier.

The girls too had an absolute ball. They have made quite a few little friends at school through Charlie’s classmates so too were “mingling” They also got to meet their teacher who they will be with in September which was lovely.

There were big bouncy castle slides, a BBQ, strawberries and cream, tombolas, lucky dips, raffles, fire engine rides, train rides… A proper school fete! It is so lovely that Charlie goes to the school that I attended. It always brings back such lovely memories and there are still members of staff who teach there that taught me. I really hope that Charlie gets to share the same wonderful experiences that I did at the school.

The part that made me chuckle the most was when a dance group were performing, P2 announced to me that “I want to go dance on the stage” and off she ran to dance on the stage area behind where the dance performance was going on. She’s certainly going to like the limelight in the future!

We all went home three hours later having had a great time. I even managed to resist the lure of FREE hotdogs and burgers. That is dedication right there!

1. 19th June 2016 / 7:06 am

That is so lovely that he goes to the same school you did and that your daughters will soon go to. The school fete was always the highlight of the school year when I was young and I can’t wait to start going when my eldest daughter starts school in September. x #ordinarymoments

2. 19th June 2016 / 7:23 am

Such a big social event for school and so nice that your girls get to be part of that before they even go. xx

3. 19th June 2016 / 2:55 pm

It sounds like a lovely school fete. We went to one at Mads school last year before we were even part of the school and it made us fall in love with the school she was going to be going to. Such a sense of community. It must have been lovely for the twins to go and see where they will be going too. We are on holiday for Mads one this year and I must say I am really disappointed about it. xx

4. 19th June 2016 / 6:23 pm

Ahh! It sounds like everyone had such a fantastic time.

5. 19th June 2016 / 7:59 pm

Sounds SO lovely and I love anything like this myself. Can’t wait to go to the twins one this year and get involved and meet some new friends! 🙂 Jess xx

#theordinarymoments

6. 20th June 2016 / 6:02 pm

Sounds like a lovely little school, I love the events at the kids school which we can attend as its lovely to get to know their friends and teachers!

7. 20th June 2016 / 6:38 pm

Sounds great and I love that he goes to the same school you did, how wonderful! We too had our school summer fair this weekend and it was lovely too, as you describe and just a great atmosphere.. its nice to see them settled isn’t it and enjoying friends and socialising :~) x

8. There's always time for tea
    21st June 2016 / 1:04 pm

It sounds lovely! My old primary school used to do this, but the primary the kids are in never seem to do anything like this! They really should because I know the kids would love it! xx