The Bus – The Ordinary Moments

Living in a small town means incredibly limited public transport but with a car and the town within walking distance, it’s never something I need to think about.

On Tuesday, P1 had this little spot come up on her lip so I thought before getting C from school we would pop into town and ask the pharmacist what they thought. As we left the house 30 minutes before pick up time to walk into town the little local bus service that goes round town was approaching. The girls always wave and shout ‘bus bus’ when they see it so I thought I’d flag it down. And you should have seen their faces!

They beamed the whole way into town which was a short journey, one they’ve done in the car a hundred times but there was something special about the bus. I was too busy smiling away that this awful photo is the only one I snapped

As we had an extra 15 minutes to kill as we got the bus, we walked and sat by the church which the girls kept calling a castle!
The weather was just beautiful and I know I say this often but it’s so easy to forget how beautiful your hometown is. We found a little cat friend much to the girls delight and it was a brilliant reminder that sometimes the most simple, ordinary moments are by far the best.

A massive congratulations to the wonderful Ordinary Moments host Katie who welcomed their beautiful little boy into the world this week making their family of five complete. He is just scrummy!

1. 24th April 2016 / 7:18 am

These are beautiful sunny photos, I don’t know what it is about buses that kids love but they really enjoy seeing them and going on them don’t they?

2. 24th April 2016 / 7:23 am

Lovely photos. I love how something so simple makes little ones so happy. They will be asking to go every time 🙂 X #theordinarymomemts

3. 24th April 2016 / 7:26 am

What a beautiful little town and you’re so right that sometimes you forget just how wonderful the ordinary is. My girls love every form of public transport as it’s such a novelty for them.

4. 24th April 2016 / 9:18 am

Oh what a lovely impromptu treat – I can remember buses seeming so exciting when I was little! And what a gorgeous day you had for it 🙂

5. 24th April 2016 / 1:10 pm

We NEVER get public transport. I actually can’t remember the last time I got a bus and I only ever get trains into London. What an adventure for the twins! x

6. 24th April 2016 / 5:53 pm

Aww! How lovely!
    We always get buses so the novelty for my girls has worn off. hehehe
    It’s so special when they’re so little and everything is fun x

7. Margaret Gallagher
    26th August 2016 / 7:10 pm

My 4 nephews think it’s great when I take them on our trips out on the bus
    Their mum and dad haven’t been on a bus for years so when they stay with me it’s a real treat for them
    The down side is the price !