Getting Lucky

This week is the week of the year I absolutely dread. The date on the calendar jumps out and fills me with dread as it signifies two years of loss.

However this week whilst very difficult, has given me a spot of much needed luck and given reason to be excited for the coming months.

On Monday I was informed that I had won the Tile Mountain blog competition I entered earlier in the month. It was a competition to win vouchers to spend on their site and as our bathroom is just hideous, I decided I just had to enter and how glad I am that I did. I have won a £1000 in vouchers to spend with them which I still can’t quite believe! Things like thus never happen to me. I remember as a kid at the Big Bash winning a Casio keyboard that was worth £50 and that felt like winning the lottery but this is just amazing.

After buying our house in September, there’s so many things we want to do including block paving, extending at the back of the house but the bathroom is the one we have been saving for so this is a massive helping hand and set us on the road to start choosing new suites. It was a wonderful surprise to be chosen and I’m still on cloud nine.

As some of you may know, back in January we were selected as Butlins ambassadors and fingers and toes crossed that we will be off on our first break with them at the end of May. We just need to sort out all of the details but this too came at a time when I really needed a boost. We all really need a break and with my husband working away all week I’m really hankering after some family time together.

We have been sent a lovely kettle and toaster for review which I’m in love with and I’ve also had some really exciting blog collaboration offers this week which I’m really excited about following up.

It may have been emotionally a very difficult week but it’s been balanced with such good luck elsewhere. I’m off out for a meal this evening and then Blog On on Sunday so I’ll top of this week with lots of lovely friends.

I made it – and managed to smile. I wonder if someone may be looking down and helping counterbalance…?!

The Reading Residence

1. 29th April 2016 / 6:59 am

Congratulations on your win and what a nice time to come, in such a tough week. Good luck with the renovations x

2. 29th April 2016 / 9:25 am

It does seem to work like that. The good is there as well as the bad. Just need to see it. Well done on winning and all the nice things that are happening. Enjoy! #wotw

3. 29th April 2016 / 10:12 am

How wonderful, congratulations on the win! Keep smiling and looking forward, it’s what your mum would have wanted xx

4. 29th April 2016 / 12:12 pm

Well done on your win…I am so pleased for you!
    It sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Enjoy x

5. 29th April 2016 / 12:21 pm

Oh yes, you’re definitely getting the counterbalance. What a lovely week, at just the time that you needed it, too. So pleased for you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

6. 29th April 2016 / 12:23 pm

Well done on your Tile Win! I love to enter competitions but don’t get so much time now with my 11 week old! A great week to take your mind of things xx

7. 29th April 2016 / 4:42 pm

This is all lovely news. I definitely think you are having some happy news and excitement to push away a bit of sadness. Good luck choosing the tiles! xx #wotw

8. 29th April 2016 / 9:06 pm

I am glad there have been so many silver linings this week AND I get to see your face in two sleeps!! YAY! x

9. 30th April 2016 / 9:16 am

Oooh you’ll have to share photos with us please as to the start and end of your bathroom makeover. I keep a little collage book with all the things I’d like to do to our house. Do you do something similar? Blog On sounds good as does all these collaborations etc #WotW

10. 30th April 2016 / 5:02 pm

Hi Beth, congratulations on your win, perfect timing too. As for being selected to be an ambassador for Butlins, that’s exciting too! I hope the weather picks up for your break at the end of May.

xx

11. 2nd May 2016 / 7:39 am

Congratulations on your win, looking forward to seeing your new bathroom! Have a wonderful time at Butlins Beth xx