Getting Inspired – The Ordinary Moments

Almost four weeks ago I took the step I have been wanting to do for the last two years. Every day I battle with the mirror, my wardrobe, my brain and myself. I hate the way I now look. So I joined Slimming World.

I dabbled last year online but honestly? My head wasn’t in the right place but this time I am determined. It all sounds a tad dramatic you say? Yeah you’re right but it makes a post better!! Anyway, yes I have become engrossed. I have stuck to plan, lost 9.5lbs already and have even started running. Yes. I’m three stone heavier than I’d like and am classed as overweight but I’m giving it a go. Week three of the couch to 5k app looms today and man it looks tough! But what has massively helped me is reading other people’s stories.

Instagram is just amazing as there are so many before and after transformations – it gives me motivation when I’m having a crap day. Facebook groups full of women inspiring and encouraging each other no matter what their level. It’s really contagious. I want to be happier in myself. I don’t want to feel so low before 8am as I toss 8 or 9 tops to the side as I feel like a whale wearing any of them.

I need the motivation and all these awesome people sharing their journeys online – thank you. You give me hope and one day I hope to god I get to have a stop you in your tracks after picture. I can do this. I will do this.  img_6780-1

1. 31st January 2016 / 8:56 am

Wow well done lovely, 9.5lbs is a serious achievement, you should be really proud of yourself. I went on a fitness mission myself back in 2014 and I ended up losing two stone all in all. I found that having my blog to put my goals on and also seeing what others were doing via social media really helped me and I managed to stick to it really well, it completely transformed my life. I obviously have put it all back on (although not as much) and am enjoying what I like as I am pregnant, but I am looking forward to getting back to fitness and documenting it once the baby is here and we have all settled a bit. Keep going, you are doing amazingly! x

2. There's always time for tea
    31st January 2016 / 10:26 am

Well done on losing 9.5lbs lovely! I’m trying to get fit and healthy, but this weather just seems to be against me in letting me get outside and go for a run! Keep going! xx

3. Rebecca
    31st January 2016 / 10:30 am

You have done so well so far. I too am on a mission to lose weight. I’m been unhappy with my size for years and the weight’s just slowly crept on, heavier and heavier. So I will be here to support you. I have no clothes to wear that I feel nice in but I refuse to buy a new wardrobe until I’ve lost the weight. And when I do, the shops are going to get a serious battering lol x x

4. 31st January 2016 / 7:48 pm

I think getting motivated is half the battle I think. Once you are though, there is no stopping you. Well done on your achievement so far!

5. 31st January 2016 / 10:51 pm

Well done on loosing the weight so far. I need to lose a couple of stone and love all the inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest. xx

6. 31st January 2016 / 11:54 pm

Whoooooooooooooooooop! Whoop! Whoop! Ooh err I’m tired now.

7. 1st February 2016 / 10:30 pm

Well done for loosing lost 9.5lbs. I think you are doing amazingly well. To be honest, I am just hiding my feelings at the moment – denial that it is me. I used to be slim – so I can be slim again if I want to – but at the moment I just can’t be ask and I know I am getting bigger and bigger. I need to stop soon. Thank you for the inspiration. I will need to try harder from now on. x