Autumn Days – The Ordinary Moments

We have been so lucky these last few weeks getting gorgeous blue skies and very late summer sun but the temperature has suddenly dropped leaving gorgeous shots of deep blue skies filled with frosty mornings and crisp air.

I’ve been making the most of the dry weather with walking to school. Since moving house we have shaved a good 15 minutes off our walk making it seem much more appealing on a cold morning. I am enjoying the exercise and the walk without the added stress of parking and getting the girls in and out of their car seats.

My husband has been off the past week so we decided to go for lunch on Friday with the girls and met up with my Dad and sister on her lunch break. My Dad has been away so it was a nice catch up with lots of tasty food. We had a walk around town after, albeit short as the girls were running wild and I managed to pick up my Annie Sloan wax to finally finish the dining room set.

I loved pottering around town and it made me realise that I’m really not looking forward to the clocks changing and it being dark by 5pm. I feel so much more motivated and energised when the sun is in the blue sky and am not ready to hibernate away just yet.

Let’s hope we squeeze a few more pretty autumnal days in before the countdown to the festive season is well and truly on!

Linking up with the lovely Katie at Mummy, Daddy and Me for her Ordinary Moments linky

ordinary moments

1. Potty Mouthed Mummy
    11th October 2015 / 10:58 am

Gorgeous pics. I quite like the dark evenings and snuggling up but then I am a massive Autumn/winter lover, ridiculously so! xx

2. 11th October 2015 / 12:29 pm

Lovely photograph at the top! What a blue sky! Glad you’re settling in and enjoying your days 🙂 Cannot believe how nice October has been so far! Lovely weather and we have certainly been out and about a lot more. Lets catch up soon 🙂 Jess xx #theordinarymoments

3. There's always Time for tea
    11th October 2015 / 1:57 pm

Lovely photos. Nothing like stamping in some crunchy leaves! xx

4. 11th October 2015 / 3:27 pm

Sounds like a lovely lunch time together and gorgeous photos. I can’t believe how lucky we have been with the weather, I really hope it continues for a few more weeks. Although it is hard to know what to wear as I end up putting a jumper on and then being too hot by the afternoon! x

5. 11th October 2015 / 6:07 pm

I was just thinking how dark it is at 7pm! So depressing! But I do like the darker evenings in the run up till christmas.. I love Autumn, I love seeing all the leaves turing and falling.. But I do like the darker evenings in the run up till christmas.. Lovely photos xx

6. 11th October 2015 / 7:16 pm

It has been a lovely week hasn’t it. I’m not looking forward to the clocks changing either, it’s the start of leaving in the morning and coming back at night in the dark and it’s not fun for morale!!

7. 12th October 2015 / 8:40 pm

Such a lovely photo – it’s been a beautiful autumnal week and I absolutely love this time of year! xx

8. 13th October 2015 / 3:17 pm

Such stunning photos! They really capture the beauty of Autumn. I just wish that it was a little less cold. But you can still enjoy being one with nature.