Annie Sloan Table & Chairs Makeover

We are in the throes of house moving and all the chaos that it brings with it; add twin toddlers to the mix abd a husband working away Monday to Friday then it’s oodles of fun but with some pretty amazing friends, I’ve managed to get a load done on my tod.

When I initially moved in to my first little 2 bed when Charlie was a few months old I had to furnish on a very small budget. Over the past 6 years I’ve replaced many of the super basic items I got but our dining table and chairs remain. I got them brand new from IKEA 6 years ago and it was an incredibly basic pine set that cost no more than Β£70-Β£80 for the whole set.

I know that in the quite near future we are going to need another chair to accommodate our growing family so my plan was to try “upcycling” our current set and see how I get on with the painting; if it looks rubbish then we will cut our losses and get a new table or if it looks OK then I search for a similar chair and paint that too so that it matches. This seemed easier than trying to find a similar pine colour.

I decided to use this opportunity as my first ever project – and I’ve got the bug.

My wonderful friend gave me a 3/4 full tin of Annie Sloan duck egg blue paint and I tested it out. I haven’t yet waxed them but what do you think so far?

I can see me painting everything in sight as I can’t believe how easy it is to transform a tired looking bit of furniture. I’m very lucky that there’s an Annie Sloan stockist in the high street where I live so I’m going to pop in for some tips and more paint. I have my eye on the Paris Grey. What are your favourite paints?

Home Etc

1. Potty Mouthed Mummy
    23rd September 2015 / 6:31 am

I love the colour, a fab transformation lovely! x

2. 23rd September 2015 / 6:53 am

Oooooooooo we have an almost identical set of ikea tables and chairs and I’ve been thinking about doing this to hem! It looks gorgeous and I agree that it completely transforms! All I have to do is persuade the other half – I also have his book shelves in mind to make it matching haha!!! #HomeEtc

3. 23rd September 2015 / 10:59 am

Such a pretty colour, it’s definitely amazing what a new lease of life it brings! X #HomeEtc

4. 23rd September 2015 / 12:56 pm

Hey chicken boring comment alert! I have a tin of Annie Sloan but I can’t get my head round the just whacking it on bit. Did you sand at all?

5. 23rd September 2015 / 6:39 pm

Ah, I love this…it looks fantastic! I like the look of the Paris Grey Annie Sloan paint too, like you say though it would be easy to get carried away and paint everything in sight! xx

6. 23rd September 2015 / 8:24 pm

Beth, it looks fab, I love the duck egg blue colour. No wonder you’ve got the bug! xx

7. 23rd September 2015 / 8:34 pm

They look great now, I love the colour, so pastel and sweet! I keep seeing the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on lots of makeover posts, think I’m gonna have to check this paint out! Sabrina xx #HomeEtc

8. 24th September 2015 / 6:12 am

Oh yes they look great! Love the colour. I still have 3/4 tin left and am wondering what my next target will be! X

9. kerry
    24th September 2015 / 10:14 am

Where would we be without a tin of annie sloan paint, huh? I say as I type this from my annie sloaned table and chairs!!! It looks lovely #HomeEtc

10. 25th September 2015 / 10:59 am

That’s quite a transformation – and I agree it’s easier than finding a chair that matches. And sounds like everyone should watch out, if they stand still long enough you may paint them πŸ˜‰ #homeetc

11. 29th September 2015 / 9:03 am

Great job lovely!! I warn you β€” it’s ADDICTIVE!!!! You’ll end up looking for things to paint!! I love Paris Grey β€” that’s what I’ve painted my chest of drawers in. SUCH a fab shade πŸ™‚ Thanks for linking up with us lovely xx

PS β€” hope to see you again tomorrow on #HomeEtc

12. 29th September 2015 / 10:30 am

I adore the colour! You have a talent! Really superb transformation πŸ™‚ Thanks for linking up with us. Jess xx

#HomeEtc