Public Transport – The Ordinary Moments

On Monday we ventured down to London for a sightseeing tour with Charlie in which we crammed a lot in for the 26 hours we were in the big smoke (and didn’t my feet know about it!)

We live in a small town with a bus that goes hourly to the next closest “big” town and the service stops at 5pm and doesn’t run on a Sunday at all! The closest train station is a 30 minute drive so it’s safe to say we very rarely go on public transport as it’s so dire and far away, so when we do it’s quite a novelty. We travelled down to London on the train which was a somewhat painful almost 3 hour journey as we opted for the cheaper tickets meaning it took forever. As we arrived into London, as it was heavily raining we hopped in a black cab to Madame Tussauds which was Charlie’s first ever experience in a black London cab. He was fascinated by the fact you could sit facing backwards!

After we had finishing mingling with the “stars” we bought our tube tickets and visited various spots around London. It was relatively quiet on the tube so Charlie loved hopping on and off and trying to work out what colour lines we would have to take. He loved putting the ticket in and marching through the barrier.

I also love the hustle and bustle of it all, although I don’t think I’d like doing it every day but it definitely is a novelty.

For most public transport is part of their everyday routine but for us it was something quite ordinary that was lots of fun for us.

1. 30th August 2015 / 6:48 am

I can just about handle it once a week, can be a bit much sometimes. But I do love rediscovering London as a tourist. I don’t like how desensitised I am to the place, a shame really. glad you had a fun day xx

2. 30th August 2015 / 8:01 am

Sounds like a fun day! Kids just love going on the bus or the train or the tube don’t they?

3. 30th August 2015 / 12:49 pm

Funnily enough the public transport in our small town is dire too. We are close to big cities and only an hour from london on the train, but buses are few and far between so as such we drive anywhere. When we do go on public transport it’s such an adventure for the girls. It looks like you had a lot of fun in London, I love Madam Tussards! x

4. Hannah
    30th August 2015 / 4:01 pm

What a fab experience, my little ones love the train and bus, but normally always drive in our (affectionaly named) Tank as 4 children on public transport is a bit of a logistical nightmare! I cant wait to expore London, and Madame Tussauds is on our list 🙂

5. 30th August 2015 / 8:44 pm

Oh what a lovely adventure. We’ve got a pretty good rail link near us so I commute by train and we can hop to London fairly easily but I grew up in the sticks and I remember the novelty of going on a train when I was little, it seemed so much fun!

6. 30th August 2015 / 9:11 pm

What a great day! I love the hustle and bustle of London, but it also makes me happy that I don’t live there because I think it could get a bit too much! xx

7. 31st August 2015 / 2:47 pm

I totally agree that its a novelty and adventure..some times i’m grateful its not my Ordinary, but I love to see the kids faces on buses and trains. Looks and sounds like a great adventure you guys had – London is a lot of fun! #ordinarymoments

8. 2nd September 2015 / 7:37 pm

I think London is a really exciting place to take kids. I went with my daughter and she loved it! The tube was her favourite part