Water Painting – The Ordinary Moments

One of Charlie’s absolutely favourite things to do at nursery according to his teacher was to “paint” the fences with water. He would happily stand for ages so as we have had some lovely sunshine I thought I would introduce the girls to the fun – and they absolutely loved it!

They all stood in the little gangway at the side of the house with a little tub of water and an old paintbrush painting the walls. It was so lovely to see them all playing together and being outside.

Such a simple and free much free activity for them which they all loved doing. It’s easy to fill the days with grand days out but when it comes down to it – kids absolutely love the simple ordinary things and get so much out of it.

Linking up with Katie at Mummy, Daddy and Me for her Ordinary Moments linky

1. 19th July 2015 / 5:31 am

Love that Charlie is doing this with his sisters. You are so right so many memories can be made for nothing. X

2. Maya Russell
    19th July 2015 / 6:25 am

The best fun! Thank you for the idea. We also like to chalk the patio – which comes off in the rain and is quite cheap too.

3. 19th July 2015 / 9:39 am

That sounds really nice 🙂 it really is often the most ordinary things that end up staying with us – one of my favourite memories is baking with my grandma. Not those fancy trips abroad, but just baking biscuits and buncakes… #theordinarymoments

4. 19th July 2015 / 2:25 pm

Ooh thanks for the idea of this one lovely, such a simple one but one I hadn’t thought of before. I think my girl’s would love to do this. It’s lovely to see them all playing together isn’t it? x

5. 19th July 2015 / 3:01 pm

What a fab idea 🙂 they all look so content and into – lovely pics!!

I am deffs doing this during the summer – the kids love water and painting so hopefully it will be a winner! x

6. 19th July 2015 / 7:24 pm

Such a simple yet beautifully effective idea. S would absolutely love this…I must try it sometime x #ordinarymoments

7. 19th July 2015 / 8:07 pm

Oh that is a genius idea- so beautifully simple but so much fun at the same time!

8. 19th July 2015 / 8:18 pm

I love stuff like this, so simple and so much fun. Will definitely be trying this with my boy! xx

9. 21st July 2015 / 7:10 am

Ah this is adorable! So lovely they are all playing together happily x