I have seen lots of mixed reviews about Chemist Direct so thought I would try it for myself. The website is basically as it says, an online chemist and is very simple to use and to find what you need. There is a good range of products but some things such a nappies only come in a certain size so you would need to check that they do cater for your needs first off.
The prices on the site are very competitive with supermarkets/beauty stores on the high street and often have good deals. Certain Schwarzkopf products were on buy one get one free when I ordered which was handy! Here is what I ordered with my voucher:
- Corsodyl Mouthwash Mint 300ml
- Calprofen Sugar Free Ibuprofen 3+ Months 200ml
- Veet 3 Minute Hair Removal Cream for Normal Skin 200ml
- Paracetamol 500mg Tablets 16 Tablets
- Tunes Sugar Free Cherry Flavour Menthol Sweets 37G
- L’Oreal Kids Extra Gentle 2-in-1 Very Berry Strawberry Shampoo 250ml
- Nivea Caramel Cream Lip Butter
- Radox Muscle Therapy Bath Soak 500ml
- Lynx Dry Apollo Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 150ml
- Schwarzkopf Got2b iStylers Texture Clay 75ml
- Imperial Leather Ocean Fresh Shower Gel 250ml
- Aquafresh Big Teeth Mouthwash Original Fruity Flavour 300ml
- Garnier Fructis Strength & Shine 2-in-1 Shampoo 250ml
- Always With Silk Ultra with Wings 14 Towels
- Kool N Soothe Sheets – Kids 4 Sheets
- Steroplast First Aid Kit 70 Pieces
- Infacare Baby Bath Ultra Mild 400ml
- Schwarzkopf Got2b Mind Blowing Fast Dry Hairspray
If you order any medicines you are asked to complete a short survey to ensure it is going to be used for the correct reasons and pops up at the checkout.
I placed my order on 14th July however you are not given an estimated delivery date which was a bit strange but I wasn’t in any immediate rush. However on 1th July I received an email saying there was a delay as one product wasn’t in stock. Then on 20th July I received a despatch confirmation and the product was delivered on 22nd July. It was delivered and the bottles were all bubble wrapped and everything was in good safe condition with no leakages which is always good!
Overall, I found the website easy to use and the ordering process very simple. However, I would say if you are needing products for a specific date or need a certain variation in sizes then it may not be the best place but as a whole I was impressed but would definitely love to see a delivery date introduced so you know how long you are likely to be waiting for your items. As I say I wasn’t in any hurry but if I was running low on essentials, I’m not sure if I wouldn’t have had to pop to the shop to stock up if I was waiting 8 days from order placing.
Chemist Direct are on Twitter if you want to follow them.
Disclosure – I was given a voucher for the products I oredered for the purpose of this honest review. All words, opinions and photos are my own