A Paddling Pool – The Ordinary Moments

IMG_4253

Every year we buy a fancy posh paddling pool and vow to keep it immaculate but we are quite frankly rubbish. And every winter I remember my vow, whilst scraping off stagnant water pools, leaves, twigs and probably the odd frog or two, and realise that yes I’m back at square one.

This year we have been a little slow on the uptake and only bought one last Sunday (it was only £5 instead of £10 so this is the way forward – letting it go to rack and ruin bargain style!) and of course, it proceeded to rain. So Thursday the sun finally graced is with its presence and I learnt two things:

1. My daughters LOVE water and will stay in the paddling poorly for hours and even when they start looking a shade of blue they will not want to leave
  2. My son begs and begs for it to be blown up (puffing hell!) and will moan he’s cold after about 90 seconds

IMG_4281

All jokes aside, we have had such a lovely couple of days. I absolutely love them being able to be outdoors and having such fun. It’s so simple that a bit of water can give them SO much fun but long may it reign!

IMG_4271

It’s absolutely to see how much the girls are really starting to interact and play with each other. They make up their own little games and sit laughing at each other. From the outside looking in – twin life looks pretty awesome! They have a permanent playmate whom they absolutely adore and to see their friendship and relationship blossoming is truly amazing and it has made me realise how blessed I really am to have  twins as I don’t know any other twins so every thing they do is a revelation.IMG_4259  B xx

I am linking up with the lovely Katie at Mummy, Daddy and Me for the Ordinary Moments

1. 12th July 2015 / 6:59 am

Ahh, the simplicity of water play!! My daughter loves it too, though I haven’t actually got round to purchasing a paddling pool yet this year!! Will be on my to do list for the summer holidays. Looks like your girls are having lots of fun and have a very special bond.

Kay x

2. 12th July 2015 / 7:22 am

Aww that’s so sweet that they’ll stay in for hours – my Elma is similar, whenever we go to the beach she’ll stay in the tide pools til she’s nearly blue and be very very cross when we remove her!

3. 12th July 2015 / 10:28 am

Such sweet photos and it’s so nice to seem them playing together, when I was younger I always wished I was a twin so I would never be lonely.

4. Kat Allinson
    12th July 2015 / 7:41 pm

We have adopted the cheap and cheerful approach to paddling pools, it doesn’t detract from the fun and it means no yucky grub to clean off last years!

5. Maya Russell
    12th July 2015 / 7:57 pm

Like all the pictures but the top one is really good – with a blue sky, a fence with the flags and the children playing in the pool.

6. 12th July 2015 / 8:34 pm

I’m the same as you, last year brought a great pool and went to get it out this year (digging it out from the back of the garden heap) with a huge hole in it! Lesson learn’t kids love the cheaper one anyway 🙂

Hope the sunshine remains so the kids get to play outside a bit more.

7. 12th July 2015 / 8:59 pm

I really need to buy a paddling pool- I could imagine my boy staying in for hours too! I love how something so simple can provide so much entertainment.

Lovely pictures. It must be such hard work having twins, but so amazing when you see their relationship developing like this.

8. 13th July 2015 / 1:36 pm

Oh they just look so adorable in their little suits and I love the bunting in the background- what a beautiful space for a paddling pool. We are exactly the same with padding pools and probably need to take a leaf out of your book- we haven’t got ours out yet this year and i’t’s probably tatty by now! x

9. Pam Francis Gregory
    13th July 2015 / 5:29 pm

It’s always the simple things that give the most pleasure!

10. Natalie Crossan
    13th July 2015 / 7:45 pm

Your garden looks so much like my mums, even the bunting is similar 🙂

11. 13th July 2015 / 8:30 pm

H loves the paddling pool yet you try and put her in a bath tub! I think she spends way too much time playing with Jac the dog who also has an aversion to the B word. Hope the weather stays fine for you. We have twins in our family 🙂 its difficult for the single child if they have twin siblings sometimes as they can feel left out

12. Mummy here and there Mummyhereandthere@gmail.com
    21st July 2015 / 5:32 pm

That looks so much fun and keeps.the.kiddilwinks entertained for long time and getting fresh air, double bonuses X