Strawberry Picking – The Ordinary Moments

I am 30 in a few months and I have never ever ever been strawberry picking! In fairness, I don’t like strawberries (I know, I know!) but when you don’t like them it’s a somewhat pointless thing to do!

Last Wednesday my best friend and her little boy asked if I wanted to go with them. I’ll admit now I was having a bad day; fighting with the girls to get in the car seats to do the school run so the prospect of taking them out alone was not something I relished but it ended up being the most lovely afternoon and I’m so glad I went!

It was a beautiful little farm just out of town that I’ve driven by so many times and bar one couple picking gooseberries we had the fields to ourselves. It was contained so the girls pottered around picking to their hearts content. I was surprised as how good they were at picking and so interested in filling their punnets!

We weighed them all in and two huge punnets for just £3.80! Charlie even commented that they were the juiciest strawberries he had had in ages. The farm had some lovely chickens, ducks and even llamas along with a picnic area and little trampolines and best of all – completely free! It is such a simple thing to do but ended up being one of my favourite days out in a long time  and all for the price of some juicy strawberries!!

A wonderful Ordinary Moment to link up with Katie at Mummy, Daddy and Me

1. 28th June 2015 / 8:10 am

I need to know where you went Strawberry picking! My kids would love to go… plus I need some strawberries!

2. 28th June 2015 / 10:12 am

It looks like you and your girls had a fab time! I’ve never been strawberry picking – I’m pretty sure there’s nowhere that we can go near to where we live x

3. 28th June 2015 / 4:05 pm

We used to love going strawberry picking! I need to find somewhere near us! Cute girls! Love their sunhats!

4. Caroline (Becoming a SAHM)
    28th June 2015 / 5:46 pm

Aww love a good day strawberry picking, must go to our local farm! Glad you had so much fun, it may have been your first time but I am guessing it won’t be your last! Xx

5. 28th June 2015 / 7:12 pm

What a perfect day! That sounds like such a lush place to go, I really want to take the kids to pick strawberries now, but I don#t think there is anywhere as great as that with the animals haha I will have to hunt for one!

also £3.80? what a barg! x

6. 28th June 2015 / 8:22 pm

What absolutely beautiful photos and I love they dresses. I used to go strawberry picking a lot as a child and it’s on my bucket list for this Summer too! Looks like you had a lovely time. PS Your blog is gorgeous! x

7. 28th June 2015 / 8:39 pm

Oh how perfect – there’s nothing quite like strawberries fresh from the field, they’re just so yummy!

8. 28th June 2015 / 10:09 pm

How cute do the girls look?! I cannot believe you hadn’t been strawberry picking, my childhood was spent in a strawberry field! AND I can’t believe we both wrote about strawberry picking this week 🙂 x

9. 29th June 2015 / 7:00 am

Looks like such a lovely time. We like to go to a PYO farm every year. So lovely to pick some fruits and veg, fresh from the ground.
    Your girls are so beautiful!! 🙂 xx

10. 29th June 2015 / 4:39 pm

Sounds like you had such a lovely time! Some of my fondest memories are strawberry picking and I can’t wait to take Zach when he’s older! xx

11. Tanita
    30th June 2015 / 12:32 pm

I love strawberry picking!! It is so much fun with little ones, I love their dresses, Sophia actually has the same one in blue. xx

12. 4th July 2015 / 9:44 pm

I’m not a fan of strawberries either, but fruit picking was always something we went and did as kids. It looks like the twins had a great time! Gorgeous pictures x