It’s no secret that I am somewhat of a Pink Lining superfan. Over the last 7 years (my pregnancy and baby “career”) I have been incredibly lucky and have racked up a total of 8 bags (2 of which I had to sell at my husbands insistence – boo) but for me, it’s the only changing bag I ever wanted and have ever had. They are so incredibly iconic and instantly recognisable not to mention looking rather gorgeous. Aside to this they are just so damn practical for parents with kids of all ages. Over the years the brand has increased massively along with the variety of products and vast choice of beautiful styles and designs has expanded so much since I was glued to the site seven years ago with a mini Charlie bump.
My twin girls have just turned 2 so our “changing” bag days where bottles, bibs and comforters were the staple essentials are waning, but as we are still a way off potty training nappies and wipes are still top dog and something we cannot leave the house without. And with the added blessing of having twins – yup you guessed it, you really do have double trouble and twice as much to lug about.
So what do us twin Mamas have in our bags? Well being the Pink Lining addict that I am, I have more than one bag in rotation (got to get my money’s dirty hey!)
Three kids means there’s a lot of stuff that needs to be taken around with us! The main ones we have in circulation are the girls lunch bags which we use when going on play dates, days out and I bought them with my super savvy long term aim of them taking them to nursery and school when they start next year (SOB)
A typical lunchbag will ALWAYS contain the staple of any toddlers diet – RAISINS! But along with that we usually have:
- Water in a sippy cup
- A treat of a smoothie
- A roll (usually cheese and cress as that’s the flavour of the month at the moment!)
- A squeezy yogurt
- Some fruit (today it was blueberries and strawberries)
P1 has bagged the unicorn bag and P2 is more than happy with the ladybird.
In our day to day changing bag which is quite often my favourite print to date – the flamingo tote. I am a tad obsessed with all things flamingo so I will never tire of the tote! In our changing bag you will usually find:
- Nappy bags
- Books to keep the girls entertains
- Snacks that won’t perish
- Our rather scary looking Olaf sippy cups
- My battered old phone
- A hairbrush
- P1s eczema cream incase she gets dry skin when out and about that looks a tad sore
- Spare clothes – only one set each which has dramatically reduced from the baby days!
- A rogue bib for emergencies that wipes can’t cover
- And quite bizarrely I always carry two £1 coins; usually so I always have one for a shopping trolley and one for parking!
My other bag that is alternated between the tote as a change bag is the one I was lucky enough to review earlier in the year. It’s a gorgeous new style for this season and is definitely had a more grown up feel to it. You’d never guess that it was a change bag as its so sleek and pretty! I absolutely adore the vintage floral vibe and regularly get compliments and asked where it’s from.
I took the Notting Hill tote to the Britmums Live conference last week and I’ve treated you to a sneak peek to what I was carting around with me all weekend
- Make up – just the usual mascara, foundation, eye liner and lipgloss
- Perfume – has to be Chanel dahhhhling
- Spare sandals for when the heels got too much (running for the train pretty much sorted that!)
- My business cards
- Sneaky rhubarb and custard sweets for the train journey (don’t tell Slimming World)
- Charger pack which proved incredibly useful as I was glued to twitter and instagram the whole time
So there you have it, a little insight into my world. What is the essential in any of your bags?
[This is my entry into the Pink Lining Ambassador programme ]