The Easter Grinch?

Am I the only person on the planet that doesn’t go in hard for Easter?

I usually get Charlie one medium-ish size chocolate egg and perhaps one dinky one and… Well that’s Easter! This year I’ve got the girls a small one too but that pretty much sums up our Easter!

But everywhere there’s cards, bunting, bonnets, bunnies, egg hunts, baskets full of Easter themed books and goodies and I’m sat here with my £1 cheapo egg.

We have never gone in for Easter and I don’t think Charlie has any idea about the whole Easter bunny concept (come to think about it – I’m not all that sure what it actually does!) Am I missing this holiday and letting it pass us by? I’ve never looked at Easter the same way as I do Christmas. To me it meant chocolate and bank holidays. I’m not religious so I’m totally hijacking the holidays in the commercial way but will the kids in years to come feel that I was an Easter grinch?

There’s no egg hunts (we did try one year and it was pitiful!) no gift baskets, no bunnies hopping around leaving notes and paw prints. There’ll be some chocolate for breakfast – and then probably Mom trying her best not to snaffle any eggs that relatives buy that are left on the side looking at me wistfully. (diet starts after Easter. Obvs!)

Happy Easter all – whatever that means! I’m glad to have helped bum you out on this holiday!!

1. 3rd April 2015 / 3:43 pm

We had eggs as children and a roast dinner Easter Sunday with a mini eggs cake for pud but that’s it and it’s more than what Phil and I do! All this weekend he’s building our summer house whilst I look after Toby, do the housework and blog!xx

2. 3rd April 2015 / 4:22 pm

Growing up I never went in for Easter at all – my parents bought me one solitary egg and that was it. Then I met Hubby and we did eggs, that was it. Then I had LP and met my now bestest buddy at antenatal class. She loves Easter and started a tradition with us of getting the children Easter gifts and now we do an egg hunt for the kids in the garden each year. BUT you will never find an Easter Basket in this house. I’m not THAT into Easter x

3. 3rd April 2015 / 6:14 pm

We’ve been eating Easter eggs for weeks now and we’re actually a bit sick of them…I’ve never bothered with decorations or anything like that.
    I am setting the girls on an Easter treasure hunt on Sunday…That’s it.
    For us Easter is all about the long weekend and having more time to stay in our PJ’s and watch films….hehehe

4. 4th April 2015 / 8:37 am

My Mum used to do an Easter tree, we had special easter mats and egg cup holders and the Easter bunny would hide eggs around the house. The last two years it’s fallen on a weekend the boys are at their Dads so I don’t do much a feel a bit like I should x

5. Emily Greentree
    4th April 2015 / 9:39 pm

We don’t celebrate easter, otter than a cheapy egg! I don’t do anything other than just enjoy the long weekend, we are not religious so easter doesn’t really hold any significance for us. I am shocked at the amount some parents buy their kids for Easter, but everyone will do what they feel is appropriate I guess! X

6. Charlotte @ Educating Elsa
    4th April 2015 / 9:53 pm

THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one! I’ve been seeing all these posts about Easter baskets and elaborate egg hunts and I hadn’t even bought Elsa an egg (I have now).

I’m not religious and I don’t really go in for Easter at all. Yeah, it’s an excuse to eat a bit of chocolate for breakfast but I don’t feel the need to buy Elsa a load of new toys and books or stuff her full of more chocolate than she usually has.

TBH I’d be quite happy to skip it completely. #badmother

7. Alana | Rockstar Preemies
    5th April 2015 / 2:31 am

I sometimes wonder about this too. I’m not a huge crafty holiday person in general, and right now I’m blaming my lack of doing anything on the twins being too little to care (we are technically doing an egg hunt this year, but at Grandma’s, and only because she insisted and bought the eggs!). I tell myself I’ll get more into it as the kids get a little older, but who knows if that will end up happening…!

8. 5th April 2015 / 7:10 am

I bought Osian some books instead of chocolate, I thought he’d get enough from everyone else so books were a nice alternative. I also attempted some Easter photos as I thought they would be nice to keep, but apart from that we haven’t done much. Osian’s not even here today so it doesn’t even feel like Easter. I will miss the run up to Easter because Osian loved all the decorations in the shops xx

9. 5th April 2015 / 7:43 pm

Happy Easter. I am somewhere in the middle, we had a little egg hunt but it was a few mini eggs hidden around the front room, no fancy signs or decorations here, partly because of arriving back from holiday at midnight last night, and there was no way I was doing anything other then going to bed. I have never been one to go over board with Easter though, they got a 2 eggs each, one of the sets that come with a bowl and spoon and one of the kinder ones, because they love kinder eggs so I knew they would go crazy for giant ones.
    But its now the end of Easter, and its been nothing fancy, me and Mr R done a whole host of housework, the kids ate abit more chocolate then usual, but it was on the whole a normal day. xx

10. 7th April 2015 / 8:17 pm

Haha, you grumpy bunny! To be honest this is the first year we have done anything for Easter. O doesn’t like chocolate so the whole concept of Easter Eggs is wasted on him. We did do a little treasure hunt in the garden and traded in his wooden bunnies for a Lightning McQueen toy. More than anything it was to get him our and playing in the garden. xx