Snowy Shropshire Walks

On Saturday I was fed up of not having any decent snow for Charlie to play in. It’s been teasing us; three times we have had snow start in the evening and by morning it’s all gone. Charlie was absolutely itching so I decided to pack us all up and drive to the Clee Hill which is near Ludlow in Shropshire; only around a 25 minute drive from us and I knew it was guaranteed to have oodles of the white stuff

shropshre snow

After a few hairy moments following my Dad in his 4×4 which as sliding everywhere we arrived but it as so so windy that the girls lasted a few minutes before almost getting blown away so Daddy quickly piped up that he was more than happy to take them back to the car in the warmth (he’s so not outdoor-sy!) So we set off with my Dad and Harry the dog in tow to see some snow as there was zilch back at home. And we weren’t let down at all!

There were times when we were walking that it was up to my knees it was that deep! But Charlie had the biggest grin on his face the whole time. He made a snow chicken (?!) threw snowballs at us all, dived into huge drifts of snow, slid down hills on his bum, made snow angels and just had the best time ever – not to mention the pinkest cheeks when we got back to the car!

There were some absolutely spectacular vies from up there too. I could have snapped away all day but I thought I’d share with you a few from our beautiful wintery walk. I teased you with our silent Sunday post so here you go!

clee hill ludlow IMG_3127

clee hill snow IMG_3099

1. 3rd February 2015 / 8:24 am

Oh these are beautiful! So much snow xx

2. You Baby Me Mummy
    3rd February 2015 / 8:35 am

Gorgeous pictures! It snowed here overnight, so we are just about to head out! Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

3. 3rd February 2015 / 9:31 am

What gorgeous photos – the snow really does do something to the scenery 🙂 #PointShoot

4. 3rd February 2015 / 10:26 am

Lovely pictures. It looks like he’s having fun with that smile on his face. We’ve had our first lot of snow today, the kids were beside themselves with excitement walking to school!
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

5. teacuptoria
    3rd February 2015 / 10:47 am

Hi Beth! Ace! There’s nothing like a snow walk 🙂 Gorgeous pictures. I was actually born in Shropshire, Shrewsbury to be precise and we lived in a little place called Newtown until I was 7. My nan still lives near Whitchurch and my mum too as she’s looking after her. It’s such a beautiful place with stunning countryside. xx

6. 3rd February 2015 / 10:50 am

Bless him, glad you found some. We went to higher ground here too on Saturday and found enough for snowball fights.

7. 3rd February 2015 / 12:50 pm

You must live close to me – I’m in Telford – and, like you, was fed up of the snow teasing us. I am new to Shropshire though so haven’t found these hills. I will have to try and find them 🙂

8. 3rd February 2015 / 8:48 pm

Ooò how gorgeous are your snow pictures!#sojealous
    Oh gosh i know what you mean I wish it would snow properly here already lol. Xx

9. 5th February 2015 / 8:12 pm

Brrrrrrrrrrrr. It looks chilly. Great capture! Makes me feel cold. 😉 #PointShoot

10. 9th February 2015 / 3:11 pm

Oh waw! Massive snow envie! Love the angle for the second picture. But all your pictures are great! #Point+Shoot