So February is almost upon us. It’s a super short month so I’m going to try to keep my list quite short.
February – the month of love… And pancakes. Mmm pancakes. It’s also half term so lots on. We only have 28 short days so I best get cracking!
1) Have a Wintery walk and spot some snowdrops
I love seeing them popping through; it feels like Spring isn’t all that far away and I feel excited that the nights will become lighter and days will be less chilly. I haven’t seen any snowdrops yet so that’s my February mission
2) Make pancakes that LOOK like pancakes. It’s fair to say I’m not all that great at cooking but I’m determined that they will be sort of circular and definitely edible
3) Buy my husband a Valentine’s card. I forgot about Christmas – ooops so I best make a decent effort!
4) Make a Valentine’s card with Charlie . He has quite a few admirers at school but there’s one girl he officially calls his girlfriend and he’s said he wants to marry her! I mentioned Valentines Day and he said he wanted to make a card so we shall!
5) Book a hotel for a night away. The husband and I have been talking for months about going away. We were supposed to last September then November but it never happened so we are hoping for a belated Valentine’s/ early birthday for him. It’ll be our first ever night away together since the girls were born 20 months ago so feeling a tad nervous and excited all at the same time
6) Take more photos. My iPhone is jam packed but I have a proper lovely camera that I rarely use. I need to use it much more – perhaps capture some snowdrops (multi tasking eh?!)
7) See Shaun the Sheep movie!
I Charlie really wants to see this so I will have to see if I can get someone to sit with the girls for a few hours in half term so we can have some 1 on 1
That’ll be it for now. I don’t want to set myself loads of unrealistic goals but hopefully I will be able to cross some of these off. So come on February – let’s be having you!!