Brainwashed By Kids Tv

You know you let alone your littlies are completely and utterly under the kids tv spell when you start doing the following without even realising:

1) You know the channels numbers off by heart.
IMG_4315.JPG
Many a time will I be shouting “614” from the kitchen to my husband without slight hesitation. I find myself when I rarely am alone with the sky remote too delving into the 6_ _ channels. It’s like my fingers can’t help but dial in those 3 digits… God help me when we go away and it’s freeview. There’s frantic moments when I’m dialling in 620 and Peppa Pig isn’t on loop. WHAT NUMBER IS CBEEBIES ON FREEVIEW? Help me out people. I feel a cold sweat coming on at the thought…

2) When channel 620 ISNT Peppa Pig month

What do you mean it’s not wall to wall endless Peppa episodes? Yes we all secretly think Ben & Holly is far funnier but my kids don’t. They want that bossy pink bacon fiend on loop; 24/7. Yes I will even suffer the adverts so long as I know at any given hour of the day Peppa will be there oinking away and giving all parents time to cry into a cold cuppa.

3) When you can sing all the words to EVERY show

Why has no one done this on Britains Got Talent? I would be fully impressed if someone managed to get through the full tune of “Me Too” with no mistakes. I thought id cracked it but alas, I was making half of it up. I will do it Granny Murray…One day.

4) You want to be mates with Nanny Plum
Come on. Her dry sarcastic tones and the fact that she’s a woman totally owning that silly Wise Old Elf makes you want to be her friend. She would be a right hoot on a night out and imagine the fun with her magic wand… Just don’t let her by any vodka ‘jelly’ shots… We’ve all seen what she does with THAT

5) You start asking your husband which of the presenters he fancies.
We daren’t venture to Nickelodeon as they wear make up and are a tiny bit sluttier than the good old staple Cbeebies ladies. And even worse when you in turn start finding male presenters attractive – desperate times when even Mr Maker catches your eye…

6) When adverts come on and you know the voice instantly
Yes we are all looking at you Brian Blessed…You are only allowed to be Grampy Rabbit

Sigh. Bloody kids tv!

1. spidermummy
    January 8, 2015 / 1:56 pm

Teheeee I totally know what you mean about Nanny Plum, I think she must be a character made for the parents, she’s just too funny!
    spidermummy recently posted…6 Reasons why I hate school playdates.My Profile

2. January 8, 2015 / 8:28 pm

It’s the Go!Go!Go!’s songs on NickJr that are the worst earworms. I’m a grown woman, I shouldn’t be singing ‘Lay the rhythm down’ in the shower!

Oh and I have a theory that the Wise Old Elf is actually King Thistle’s dad. There’s definitely something going on between W.O.E and Millicent Thistle.
    Vickie recently posted…What We’re Reading ~ There’s a dinosaur in my bathtubMy Profile

3. January 8, 2015 / 9:13 pm

This made me chuckle! I have to admit to knowing most of the words to many of the shoes. They are so mesmerising though! I have found myself captivated by Peppa Pig long after Bob has gone to bed. I turn over as soon as I realise! x
    Charlotte recently posted…The Last Of The Summer WineMy Profile

4. January 9, 2015 / 8:53 am

Love it! I definitely agree with the knowing their voice anywhere. We watch New Tricks and when the originals were still on it, I would always say ‘Hey Grandpa in my pocket, you can’t be a police officer’ lol!
    Tegan recently posted…January GoalsMy Profile

5. January 9, 2015 / 8:54 am

Haha – I have all of this to come.

The line about the Nickelodeon presenters cracked me up though.

#TheList

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

6. January 9, 2015 / 10:11 am

haha this had me giggling throughout! We’re disney jr over CBeebies here though. 611 is my go to channel haha xx
    Emilyandindiana recently posted…A Winter WalkMy Profile

7. January 9, 2015 / 11:54 pm

Lol, love it. Definitely know the channel numbers by heart, love Nanny Plum and yes I know the words of all the songs too! Great post 🙂
    Louise recently posted…Denham Country ParkMy Profile

8. January 10, 2015 / 5:08 pm

This is hilarious!!
    I am totally with you though we stick to Cbeebies so I feeling like I am missing out on peppa pig… should I feel this way? Am i dodging a bullet?
    I have the gigglebiz theme tune in my head, so that it punishment enough I suppose! =D
    Jenni – Baby Chaos recently posted…Living Arrows 1/52My Profile