Brainwashed By Kids Tv

You know you let alone your littlies are completely and utterly under the kids tv spell when you start doing the following without even realising:

1) You know the channels numbers off by heart.
IMG_4315.JPG
Many a time will I be shouting “614” from the kitchen to my husband without slight hesitation. I find myself when I rarely am alone with the sky remote too delving into the 6_ _ channels. It’s like my fingers can’t help but dial in those 3 digits… God help me when we go away and it’s freeview. There’s frantic moments when I’m dialling in 620 and Peppa Pig isn’t on loop. WHAT NUMBER IS CBEEBIES ON FREEVIEW? Help me out people. I feel a cold sweat coming on at the thought…

2) When channel 620 ISNT Peppa Pig month

What do you mean it’s not wall to wall endless Peppa episodes? Yes we all secretly think Ben & Holly is far funnier but my kids don’t. They want that bossy pink bacon fiend on loop; 24/7. Yes I will even suffer the adverts so long as I know at any given hour of the day Peppa will be there oinking away and giving all parents time to cry into a cold cuppa.

3) When you can sing all the words to EVERY show

Why has no one done this on Britains Got Talent? I would be fully impressed if someone managed to get through the full tune of “Me Too” with no mistakes. I thought id cracked it but alas, I was making half of it up. I will do it Granny Murray…One day.

4) You want to be mates with Nanny Plum
Come on. Her dry sarcastic tones and the fact that she’s a woman totally owning that silly Wise Old Elf makes you want to be her friend. She would be a right hoot on a night out and imagine the fun with her magic wand… Just don’t let her by any vodka ‘jelly’ shots… We’ve all seen what she does with THAT

5) You start asking your husband which of the presenters he fancies.
We daren’t venture to Nickelodeon as they wear make up and are a tiny bit sluttier than the good old staple Cbeebies ladies. And even worse when you in turn start finding male presenters attractive – desperate times when even Mr Maker catches your eye…

6) When adverts come on and you know the voice instantly
Yes we are all looking at you Brian Blessed…You are only allowed to be Grampy Rabbit

Sigh. Bloody kids tv!

1. 8th January 2015 / 11:11 am

I saw 614 on the picture and instantly thought Cbeebies….lol
    My girls don’t watch Cbeebies as much now but we still love it. hehehe

2. spidermummy
    8th January 2015 / 1:56 pm

Teheeee I totally know what you mean about Nanny Plum, I think she must be a character made for the parents, she’s just too funny!

3. 8th January 2015 / 5:54 pm

Totally agree with you on every point except Mr Maker, it’s Mr Bloom for me 😉

4. 8th January 2015 / 8:28 pm

It’s the Go!Go!Go!’s songs on NickJr that are the worst earworms. I’m a grown woman, I shouldn’t be singing ‘Lay the rhythm down’ in the shower!

Oh and I have a theory that the Wise Old Elf is actually King Thistle’s dad. There’s definitely something going on between W.O.E and Millicent Thistle.

5. 8th January 2015 / 9:04 pm

Ha ha, love this! Ceebeebies is 702 on Virgin though. I often find myself automatically pressing those numbers when the kids are in bed and I am looking for something for me to watch. x

6. 8th January 2015 / 9:13 pm

This made me chuckle! I have to admit to knowing most of the words to many of the shoes. They are so mesmerising though! I have found myself captivated by Peppa Pig long after Bob has gone to bed. I turn over as soon as I realise! x

7. 9th January 2015 / 8:53 am

Love it! I definitely agree with the knowing their voice anywhere. We watch New Tricks and when the originals were still on it, I would always say ‘Hey Grandpa in my pocket, you can’t be a police officer’ lol!

8. 9th January 2015 / 8:54 am

Haha – I have all of this to come.

The line about the Nickelodeon presenters cracked me up though.

#TheList

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

9. 9th January 2015 / 10:11 am

haha this had me giggling throughout! We’re disney jr over CBeebies here though. 611 is my go to channel haha xx

10. 9th January 2015 / 11:05 am

Ha ha brilliant! All very true. I am constantly singing bing bong bing, bing bong boo ha ha xx

11. 9th January 2015 / 11:54 pm

Lol, love it. Definitely know the channel numbers by heart, love Nanny Plum and yes I know the words of all the songs too! Great post 🙂

12. 10th January 2015 / 5:08 pm

This is hilarious!!
    I am totally with you though we stick to Cbeebies so I feeling like I am missing out on peppa pig… should I feel this way? Am i dodging a bullet?
    I have the gigglebiz theme tune in my head, so that it punishment enough I suppose! =D

13. 10th January 2015 / 9:42 pm

121! just call me you fairy godmother, all you need to know in one fail swoop!

#TheList