Changes

IMG_2960.JPG

If you are a regular reader here you may have noticed a few changes to the blog – well actually a great big stonking massive one – I’ve gone from Blogger to WordPress and now am actually a self hosted site!

I’d been toying with the idea for a while as Blogger has been causing many problems with errors etc on my computer, plus it didn’t give the flexibility design wise that I wanted. After a few chats with some lovely people and it was Donna at Redhead Babyled who said something that stuck with me – to do it sooner rather than later so I took her advice and took the plunge! It’s quite scary as I know all views/rankings will take a huge nose dive but so be it!!

I’m not happy with the theme so will be swapping it shortly and am having to basically start from scratch in terms of learning what the heck I’m doing but so far so good (I think!)

I’m having a header designed in a few weeks so bear with me with the rather plain-ness of it all!!

Any tips, ideas or must have plug ins would be fabulous. Keep your eyes peeled for the new theme!

B x

The Reading Residence

1. 7th November 2014 / 10:25 am

I moved from blogger to squarespace about a month ago and haven’t regretted it one bit, there’s still more to do (when isn’t there?) but I’m sure you won’t regret it either. Looking forward to seeing how your site develops 🙂

2. 7th November 2014 / 10:42 am

Change is always good. Look forward to seeing the new design of your blog! Goodluck 🙂 #wotw.

3. Rebecca ClearlyBex Bodkin
    7th November 2014 / 12:51 pm

Welcome to the world of WP and also self hosting! I became self hosted earlier in the year and I love the flexibility and my great new blog design. You will get there and the more you do the more motivation you will get to do more with your new site. Enjoy x

4. 7th November 2014 / 1:19 pm

Wow well done for taking the big step! I’ll keep an eye out for the changes 🙂 x #WotW

5. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk)
    7th November 2014 / 1:29 pm

OOOhhh what a big leap! Congrats! I am sorry I dont have any tips as I am using a rather weird platform (livejournal) but wishing you all the best with this change =) #wotw

6. 7th November 2014 / 1:55 pm

Exciting! Well done for going for it, a good change and one that’ll only get better once you get your head around it all 🙂 Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

7. 7th November 2014 / 2:17 pm

Yay, welcome to the wild side! WordPress is great, there’s lots of tips on good plugins to get if you just search (or check out my pinterest as I’m sure I’ve pinned lots of ideas).

Choosing and sorting out a theme is the most painful part. I like mine, but I see lots of other features that I’d like on other people’s blogs so I’m thinking I’ll stick for this year, and then early next, might get someone to customise mine properly to get all the additional bits I don’t know how to code.

Enjoy the change

8. 7th November 2014 / 2:18 pm

Aww, well done! This is something I’m not terribly sure about at all. I swing from wanting to change my hosting to thinking it’s fine as it is. I’ll be watching your lovely new blog with interest though. #WotW

9. Caroline (Becoming a SAHM)
    7th November 2014 / 2:56 pm

Ooh congrats! Big changes but definitely good ones and I’m sure you’ll make your site exactly the way you want it to be soon enough 🙂 xx #wotw

10. 7th November 2014 / 5:41 pm

Oh I recently tried WordPress but I endd up with a headache so I think I will leave it for another while. I will definitely keep an eye on how things go for you 🙂 Good luck xx

11. 7th November 2014 / 7:35 pm

Well done you! Congrats!
    Going self hosted and WordPress terrify me…..lol

12. Donna
    7th November 2014 / 9:52 pm

Oh yay, you did it! Welcome to the world of Self Hosted WP!! hehe. If you need a hand give me a shout but you’ve done the big step 🙂 Plugins… I have so many but most I don’t use very often. Comment Luv, Evergreen for tweeting old posts, Jetpack is great for publicising posts and things. I’ll let you know if I think of more x

13. Sarah
    7th November 2014 / 9:53 pm

I have just moved over to wordpress from Blogger and I love it so far, luckily I have a very clever boyfriend on hand who has sorted everything out as I wouldn’t have a clue lol. Good luck looking forward to seeing the end result x

14. Nikki fraser (@nikoteen87)
    8th November 2014 / 7:59 am

You are a much braver woman then I. I keep wanting to do this but am scared of losing all my work. Well done and I am sure it will look great when you are done x

15. 22nd November 2014 / 10:12 pm

I have been thinking of taking the plunge from blogger myself as I am having so many problems with it but I am a bit scared as I am terrible with anything technical and I can not decide on if I should change my blog name as well or not.I will be keeping an eye out on your blog to see how you get on with things . But well done on being brave enough to take the plunge and switch over x