Birthday

My word of the week is of course – BIRTHDAY!

IMG_3075.JPG
I turned 29 on Tuesday; the last year of my 20’s! I’m probably the only person who is actually quite looking forward to turning 30. Anyway, my birthday felt rather bittersweet as it’s the first one without my Mom. Having now become a parent – your children’s birthday always holds such treasured memories for you as you gave birth on that day. It felt strange not having her here to chat about the day. I wonder if it will ever get easier.

My husband had an extremely rare day off. He works away most weeks so it was lovely to be able to do ‘normal’ stuff together. We took the girls shopping and ended up buying a dishwasher! It wasn’t really my present but my God it feels like it! Along with having piles of clothes that need putting away, washing up is the second biggest household chore. My kitchen surfaces can never be seen for a sea of plates so I’m hoping this will give a relief of one of the dreaded chores. It’s strange how your presents and wish0lists change over the years. A decade ago it would all have been designer handbags and skyscraper heels now I get ridiculously excited over a bloody dishwasher!

We all went out for tea too and it was just lovely to spend time as a family of 5. Charlie’s birthday is next month too so I have started sorting his list of friends and his invites will be going out next week. We are having a joint party with one of his friends so it should all be good! I am going out for a meal with my husband, sister, brother in law and my Dad on Friday night so I anticipate a few sore heads on Saturday as we are meeting up with some old friends too so going to be a good night!

Thanks for all the lovely wishes. Here’s to my last year in my twenties eh?!

1. Mummy Tries
    14th November 2014 / 6:54 am

Lovely post, so pleased you enjoyed your birthday Beth! 29 is a great age, and the thirties are awesome…honestly 😉 #PoCoLo

2. Mummy Tries
    14th November 2014 / 6:54 am

Wrong hashtag! Should have been #WotW

3. 14th November 2014 / 7:15 am

Happy Birthday! I’m sorry to hear about your Mom…I can’t even imagine how difficult that would be. It sounds like you had a nice family celebration though. Stopping by via #WotW.

xx
    Lysa

4. 14th November 2014 / 8:56 am

Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear about your mum, but I’m glad you had a lovely birthday x #WotW

5. Karen Bell
    14th November 2014 / 10:06 am

Happy birthday, it must have been tough without your mum, I can’t imagine it. A dishwasher I bet is a big relief! x

6. 14th November 2014 / 10:31 am

Happy belated birthday! You are so right about how our gift priorities change, too!I’m enjoying my thirties, and my twenties seem a lifetime ago now – well, there were no kids in my twenties, so it was a very different time! Thanks for sharing with #WotW, and hope you have a lovely evening x

7. 14th November 2014 / 10:37 am

Happy birthday Beth – am sure it must have been hard at times not being able to share it with your mum but hope the happy memories helped you to enjoy the day. Hope the last year of your 20s will be a great one full of lots of magic memories and hope you have a fun night out tonight (and no hangover!) x #WotW

8. 14th November 2014 / 11:21 am

Have a lovely birthday and I’m sure you will! Oh my, can’t remember what it was like turning 29. Makes me feel so old. Then again, it’s just a number 😉 Birthdays are even made more lovelier when surrounded by your little ones, your own family. #wotw.

9. Cate @meaddthree
    14th November 2014 / 2:01 pm

Happy birthday – a dishwasher sounds like an ace present! It is funny how our priorities change 🙂 enjoy the last year of your 20s 🙂

10. Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk)
    14th November 2014 / 5:00 pm

Sounds like a fun day! Happy birthday. I need a dishwashers too. Been awhile since I saw the bottom of my kitchen sink! #wotw

11. 14th November 2014 / 7:36 pm

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I would love a dishwasher but there isn’t the room in the kitchen….Boo!

12. 14th November 2014 / 10:57 pm