OJ Simpson, Ed Sheeran and Secret Filming #LittleLoves

I promised at the start of the year I would join in with this linky and I did. Once. So here’s my second attempt to get joining in more regularly!

The girls have gone absolutely mad for all things Lion King/Lion Guard based. I managed to find them a large book with 12 figures in a charity shop of the Lion Guard which is their current obsession. I reckon I’ve probably read the book about 3000 times this week. I have to say, I’m all for all things Disney so I shouldn’t moan. It certainly beats Paw Patrol!

They also are addicted to watching people opening the blind bags with the Lion Guard toys. My YouTube homepage is full of them!

I remember many moons ago always coming home from school to find my Mom glued to the OJ Simpson trial. I vividly remember being at my friends house having tea when it came on the news just before Home and Away that he had been acquitted. Even then, I remember knowing it was a pretty big deal. I really enjoyed The People Versus OJ Simpson drama that was on last year, but a new “real” series has been made. Lets be honest, we all know what happens and I have watched many shows on it all but OJ: Made in America sucked me in.

With interviews with the lawyers, jurors and family it was a real eye opener, but also a bit of a gut wrencher when they showed unedited images of the crime scene cementing what a truly horrific brutal double murder it was. Still now, it’s quite unbelievable seeing the stack of evidence to know he was acquitted but it really is a fascinating watch.

Along with everyone else, Ed Sheeran’s new album has been choice of sounds this week. I actually got the CD for my husband as it was his birthday but he left it here whilst he went off to work in Scotland so I’ve enjoyed nicking it. The girls are still crazy on listening to songs via YouTube and the Moana soundtrack along with, you’ve guessed it, The Lion King is one that gets played at least once a day.

I am back on plan this week after a rather naughty three weeks off, so clothes have been feeling a tad tight so no photos of me this week as it’s been baggy clothes all the way to conceal my extra baggage. I’m hoping to get a big chunk of it off next Tuesday at weigh in. I am now a Slimming World Target Member so I need to be within 3lb of my target weight to get free membership, so fingers crossed please!

A tad tenuous, but we have made some absolutely huge changed to our house this past week. Last week saw us gut out our old bathroom and replace it with a gorgeous brand new shiny one. There’s still lots of bits and pieces to be done but after 19 months of utterly detesting our incredibly old and dated bathroom, I am over the moon. We also have had our under stairs converted to storage; you know the dreamy ones you pin the sh*t out of on Pinterest?! I could weep at how happy I am to be able to conceal our junk instead of it being on display for all our visitors to see. Concealment is the way forward for me in 2017!

Today I am off filming for a very exciting project. I absolutely hate it when people write things like this as I just want to scream TELL ME but I will be able to in a few weeks hopefully. It’s my first real vlogging gig and I am rather excited not to mention nervous. I definitely credit my weight loss to finally having the confidence to step out from behind the screen. Wish me luck!

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

1. March 10, 2017 / 7:58 am

Well jealous of your under stairs storage and bathroom! Sounds perfect, Our bathroom is an ex-rental 70’s delight. urgh.
    Good luck at weigh in, I started following the plan last week and am finding it hard, I miss bingeing!

2. March 10, 2017 / 11:24 am

Mu little boy is obsessed with Lion Guard at the moment too, brilliant charity shop find ! I’m just about to start slimming world I did it years ago and lost 3 stone so I’m hoping for good results again, well done on your weight loss. Good luck with the filming, sounds exciting. #LittleLoves
    Angela Webster recently posted…Vintage Magazines, Schedules & Strong Women #LittleLovesMy Profile

3. MARGARET gallagher
    March 10, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Glad you got the bathroom sorted
    Must have been a nightmare without

4. March 10, 2017 / 7:47 pm

Exciting Vlogging. Can’t wait to hear all about it. Love the stairs storage. I loved lion king sound track when I was younger.

5. March 10, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Congrats with the filming – I hope it went well and I am so jealous of your understairs storage! Can’t wait to see your bathroom too. I was just talking to Hubby about OJ Simpson after reading this as we watched that people vs show last year. I have no clue how he got off either x
    Donna recently posted…Exploring more of the UK – Leeds CastleMy Profile

6. March 11, 2017 / 8:37 am

I am so very jealous of your under the stairs storage!! How amazing is that? I will have to give the OJ Simpson programme a try. I loved The People Versus OJ Simpson! Have a wonderful weekend, popping over from #littleloves

7. March 11, 2017 / 7:53 pm

I just made the mistake of reading your post sat next to my 5 year old – he made me watch the Lion Guard video! I think he forgot how much he used to love watching those annoying toy unboxing and kinder egg videos. I didnt even know there was a new OJ programme out, will have to have a look, I loved The People Vs OJ Simpson it was brilliant. Have a great weekend filming! x
    Mum Reinvented recently posted…Holidays, Books Galore and Giving Up #littlelovesMy Profile

8. Stacey Lewis
    March 11, 2017 / 9:42 pm

I love the storage under your stairs, cant wait for us to do hacks like this when we finally own our own. Not that thats looking to happen any time soon. We have picked one of the songs off of Ed Sheeran’s new album to be the song for our first wedding dance in June.

9. March 13, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Love you under stairs storage! It looks fab! Can’t wait to see your bathroom. We had ours done last year after a two year wait and I was so excited to finally have a bathroom I loved rather than cringed over every time I walked in!
    Have a great week x

10. March 13, 2017 / 7:38 pm

OH the under the stairs storage is amazing. I love good storage space in a house and a new bathroom is always amazing. Sounds like you have had a busy week. I was the same with the OJ everything when it was happening. Haven’t seen this. I hope you had a great weekend. I am just catching up #littleloves
    Jenny recently posted…Jean Jackets, Mixed Metallics, and Cinnamon CaramelMy Profile

11. Lorna Ledger
    March 29, 2017 / 10:34 am

I was about 15 I think when the OJ thing happened, me and my Dad, one of the things we bond on is our love of The Naked Guns Movies, so I was shocked that OJ, a star of those movies (that’s where I knew him from) was implicated! Of course it all came out, and you got to see the ‘real him’…now as an adult I am understanding more and more the terrible truth of it all….

I have just bought my Mum for Mothers day the New Ed Sheeran CD, isn’t he great?! I think he spans all generations! I like him (39) my daughter likes him (16) and my Nana likes him too (77!) My mum is 59!

Love your blog 🙂