Shopping Mornings – The Ordinary Moments

I have talked at length previously about wanting to try to make the most of my time with the girls before they start school in September, so just simple things such as a shopping trip can feel like a parenting win.

My girls will be 4 in June and as a whole life has gotten easier. A simple trip to the shops no longer requires oodles of nappies, wipes, nappy bags, spare clothes, snacks, drinks… the list goes on! We literally can decide on a whim what we want to do, however having two little people with their own ideas also brings with it a need for negotiation to keep everyone happy! However on Thursday, everyone was happy to pop to the shops which are about 20 minutes away.

Shopping Mornings - The Ordinary Moments

We initially went to get Charlie some pants(!) but ended up buying lots as I love to buy new stuff for when we go away on holiday. We are going to Butlin’s tomorrow for our second ambassador trip and the girls are so excited. They absolutely loved the entertainment last May and have been asking constantly when we are going.

Our shopping morning ended in an inevitable trip to McDonalds however in my defence it was there or a snooty coffee shop which probably wouldn’t appreciate my feisty girls wanting to play with their new Lion Guard toys (the hippo is solid like a rock!)

We were only out a few hours but got lots of goodies and had a lovely time together. I always love a shopping spree and hope they all will in the future so I can have some shopping buddies. I love being able to sit and have little chats and just spend time with them out of our house.

If you are nosey, you can see what we got here as the girls have “starred” in their own video as they were a bit jealous Charlie got to do one!

Sometimes the small ordinary things, really do brighten up our weeks!

1. Rachel Butler
    19th February 2017 / 8:54 am

Ah! What I’d give for a pleasant trip to the shops! My son is 6 now and this is still a major issue for me! He acts up, runs off and just generally stresses me out! I only ever take him with me if I really have to as it’s just such a huge task! I’m hoping soon it will calm down! Hope you have a great time!

2. 19th February 2017 / 9:43 am

I love a shopping spree too x hope you have a great time x

3. 19th February 2017 / 12:45 pm

Love a shopping spree! I love shopping with my daughter but it’s a bit of nightmare if I take both kids x

4. 19th February 2017 / 1:41 pm

me and my son love to shop especially when he knows he is getting something. they grow up to fast.

5. Helen Moulden
    19th February 2017 / 6:46 pm

Looks like a great haul! I love a good shopping spree 🙂

6. Margaret GALLAGHER
    19th February 2017 / 7:26 pm

Perfect way to have fun and feel spoilt

7. 19th February 2017 / 7:41 pm

Life really does feel that bit more simple once there’s no need for changing bags and so forth doesn’t it!
    I’ve miraculously swerved McDonald’s this half term – I really don’t know how I got away with it!
    Colette recently posted…Half Term {Ordinary Moments}My Profile

8. 19th February 2017 / 7:52 pm

Nothing beats a good shopping spree. J turned 4 in November and will be starting school when yours does too. I have found shopping, walking, just life in general is so much quicker, although it’s bittersweet just how fast they are all growing isn’t it x #TheOrdinaryMoments
    Sherry recently posted…Hide and Seek {Living Arrows 2017 – 13th February}My Profile

9. Tee simpson
    19th February 2017 / 9:18 pm

Love a good shopping spree especially as my daughters older and interested in more things now

10. 20th February 2017 / 10:21 am

You hurt my eyes but I’ll forgive you – I love Next clothes 🙂 Athena loves a shopping trip – Troy, not so much! Have an awesome time at Butlins x
    Donna recently posted…Review: Philips Health WatchMy Profile

11. 20th February 2017 / 7:49 pm

Ahhh so lovely to shop together. I love Next clothes too. Gorgeous shopping haul. Have fun at Butlins. #ordinarymoments
    Jenny recently posted…One on one during half termMy Profile

12. 20th February 2017 / 8:31 pm

Oh they are so gorgeous Beth, loved their haul! And I agree, the simple ordinary shopping days are sometimes my favourite too. We love Next here, 99% of the girls things are from there. xx

13. A S,Edinburgh
    20th February 2017 / 11:04 pm

Great to hear you had a lovely time! I hope you had a lot of fun at Butlin’s :).

14. William Gould
    21st February 2017 / 8:14 am

That looks like it was fun! I love the dinosaur top!