Hitting The Wall

I’m struggling. Since joining Slimming World back in January, I was amazed at my weight loss and in May I hit the three stone loss mark which was something I never in a million years though I would do. But from there? It’s been hard going.

On 24th May I had lost 3 stone 1.5lbs. On 4th October I have lost 3 stone 3 stone 3.5lbs.

Doesn’t seem very much does it? Five months and I’ve been battling backwards and forwards with gaining and losing but I really feel I have hit a wall. At my lowest weigh, I was 1 and a half pounds lighter than I am today but it’s become a real battle to try to get off this last stone. I am now starting to wonder if it is at all possible?

untitled

My body has changed massively. Not just from weight loss, but I mean in general. My weight is distributed so differently; previously before having the girls, I had a tiny waist but a big bum. I’ve now got the opposite which is not the ideal! I have a jelly belly which for love nor money is never ever ever going to look like it did pre-twins. I am rally really happy about my weight. Whilst I set this goal of 9 and a half stone as my final target I am starting to think my body just won’t get there. It’s happy sitting around this weight. I am half a pound lighter today than I was when we got married yet I am yearning to lose more? I’m not quite sure why.

I definitely have lost my intense focus. I was 100% committed to the plan but now I realise it’s not possible to do it 24/7. I don’t want to be that person who makes every feel guilty for eating. I want to be able to take my kids out for an afternoon treat and not feel miserable because I had a slice of cake. If I am hormonal and want to eat two bags of crisps – I am going to!

I know this is probably contributing to my relentless five months of gaining and losing but you know what, I’m starting to think that this is me. My body is happy. My body is telling me not to lose anymore. I have recently started trying to get back into swimming and going to the gym in a bid to tone as honestly now it is my tummy that is my problem area along with my bingo wings. I am never going to wear a crop top (you’re welcome) but it would be nice to try to firm up the loose skin left by carrying two large twin babies.

hittingthewall

I know I have done so well. My BMI when I started was 29.7 and I felt hideous about myself. I now have a healthy BMI of 22.5 and I feel great. I have more energy and feel healthier, but it’s sometimes too easy to focus on the negatives isn’t it?

Has anyone else found that their body hits a wall and refuses to shift anymore? I’m starting to wonder if it’s time to reassess my final target and listen to my body.

1. Louise Crocker
    October 6, 2016 / 3:26 pm

This has absolutely happened to me. My lowest weight was 8st 5, I’m only 4’11 so I look really chunky, my goal was 8st, but for whatever reason, it would not go any lower. This plateau kind of made me feel frustrated so I gave up the diet and exercise and now consequently have put on weight. So I do need to get back into it, but now my intentions are based on feeling healthy rather than weight loss.
    Please don’t feel guilty on having cake etc, this is life, I wish you all the best X

2. jessica woods
    October 6, 2016 / 9:44 pm

Some great tips and advice thanks

3. Leila Benhamida
    October 16, 2016 / 10:26 pm

Yes after the birth of my second child. I have that extra stone left to loose but I am confident that I will get there with small steps.

4. julie perry
    November 5, 2016 / 2:49 pm

You certainly do ‘hit a wall’ whilst trying to loose weight/eat healthier. Speaking from my experience (I lost 9 1/2 stone in 18 months) i found some weeks i didn’t loose any weight although i hadn’t eaten anything wrong. I found if i had a little extra for a week it seem to kick start the loss off again. Don’t loose heart but equally if you feel happy as you are just try and maintain. Good luck. Julie 🙂

5. Margaret Gallagher
    November 12, 2016 / 1:36 pm

I think you are doing well – a journey has its ups and downs and sometimes we are tripped up
    The major thing is we carry on

6. Laura Findlay
    December 4, 2016 / 1:42 pm

You have done well to loose weight and although it’s a bit tough at the moment your still sticking it at, well done to you and good luck with the rest x

7. January 21, 2017 / 11:52 am

Its horrible when you hit the weight loss wall,but never give up x

8. Kate m Jones
    February 11, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Well done on your journey so far, I started in Oct 16 and lost one and a half stone so far-I have a way to go but need to be more committed to it really!

9. Fiona jk42
    March 3, 2017 / 9:33 pm

you must not forget that muscle weighs more than fat, so it may be that rather than concentrating on weight loss, you instead focus on firming up and strengthening.

10. Jennifer Baker
    March 4, 2017 / 11:04 pm

I’m having this problem right now and I really hate the feeling of guilt for eating something that might make me gain a lb at next weigh in. Its star week and ive just ate a big fat chinese and a crunchie! Im going to feel soooooo bad about this, sometimes I wonder if losing weight is as healthy as its supposed to be, Its not healthy worrying about what to eat all the time and feeling miserable when you dont eat the right thing. stress = weight gain. Its a vicious circle for me. Im a very slow loser and the past 2 weeks I havent moved and feel like giving up. x