One on One Time – The Ordinary Moments

Having three kids is very loud, busy and crazy. Three little people all with their own agendas and personalities all wanting to be heard and at times I feel I can’t keep up. Ultimately, Charlie can be the one who is made to wait the most as he is older, has a wider understanding and isn’t likely to try and fly off the trampoline at any given time! He often has to hang on whilst I intervene in a scrap or rush to stick a toddler on the toilet. As a whole, he’s very patient but I can tell he gets a bit annoyed.

The Easter break has been dominated by potty training so we haven’t ventured very far. He’s had a few afternoons out and about with his Grandad and aunty which he loved, but on Friday the girls were at nursery for three hours so we decided to do something fun.

My dad has been off work so we spent the morning in Ironbridge. It has become one of our go to places to spend a few hours as it is so beautiful and just down the road. It also is home to the most amazing cupcakery (sorry Slimming World!)

We had a mooch around the antique centre where Charlie couldn’t believe there was something that was 90 years old (and had no idea what a typewriter was!)I also stumbled across a vintage fashion shop which was BEAUTIFUL and stocked the most gorgeous shoes, I was in heaven.

After all the searching, it was time for cake! I’m absolutely gutted though as it is closing as the lease isn’t being renewed so this was our final trip to Queenies.

Quite honestly the most amazing cupcakes EVER. Really gutted.

Such a simple way to spend a few hours and let Charlie be the centre of attention. We will have another three hours together next Friday so any suggestions would be great!

I’ve always said I want to try be able to give each child one on one time where possible and as the girls grow, it will be a necessity as they’re going to be around each other 24/7. I just want to try to strike the right balance and keep everyone happy!

1. 3rd April 2016 / 6:34 am

I struggle giving my 2 enough one on one time so I can’t imagine how hard it is with 3! What a gorgeous shop and such a shame it’s closing.

2. 3rd April 2016 / 7:01 am

Thats really lovely that you were able to have some time together, I am sure he loved it as much as you did. It can be tough on the eldest as we do make them grow up that little bit quicker. Those cakes look amazing! x
    Laura @dearbearandbeany recently posted…My Little Book Worm…The Ordinary MomentsMy Profile

3. 3rd April 2016 / 7:27 am

Ah such a lovely post and I bet it was so nice to spend a few hours with your big boy. We have written similar things this week as I had some one on one time with my big girl too! He sounds like a lovely big brother and very patient. We have been to Ironbridge a few times, it is a beautiful place. My grandparents live in Shropshire and have done all my life so we have spent a lot of time there. xx

4. 3rd April 2016 / 8:29 am

Striking the balance is so hard isn’t it and I imagine even harder when you have twins in the mix too! It’s lovely to have one on one time though and I think the kids really appreciate it. I must try and make more of an effort to fit it in with my big girl
    Louise | Squished Blueberries recently posted…Easter Monday Egg Roll | The Ordinary MomentsMy Profile

5. 3rd April 2016 / 8:29 am

We played the “guess what this was” game with items from our youth with a 8 year old last week and she thought a floppy disk was a picture holder! This looks like a lovely location, I’d never heard of it until this post x

6. 3rd April 2016 / 11:31 am

I have so much one on one time with Troy at the moment but hardly ever get time alone with Athena. I’ll have to make more of an effort for time with both of them when T starts preschool in September x
    Donna recently posted…Review: Dreamland – MargateMy Profile

7. 3rd April 2016 / 2:23 pm

So nice to spend one on one time isn’t it? My Eldest too is so patient but I sometimes just ask her what she wants to do. Sometimes it is a big trip out and sometimes just to read books at home. The balance is such a tricky thing but it sounds like he had a great time X
    Laura @ Little Ladies Big World recently posted…Easter with Allergies {The Ordinary Moments #14}My Profile

8. 3rd April 2016 / 6:26 pm

Oh what a lovely day. I don’t get any one to one time with the kids, only Arthur when the others are at school, I would love to its just not possible, the whole family time we get with Daddy home is so limited there just isn’t time to then have one to one time. x
    Caroline recently posted…A weekend bike ride {Ordinary Moments}My Profile

9. 3rd April 2016 / 9:35 pm

It must be so difficult to get one on one time but equally wonderful when you do manage it. As much as I spend a lot of time around Cheeky Chap as my only child, it has recently occurred to me that I haven’t spent much quality time with him lately, something I must correct this week.

10. 5th April 2016 / 3:14 am

Wow, those cupcakes are amazing, bet they taste heavenly! What a gorgeous display. Sounds like a fab day out.

11. Iris Tilley
    6th August 2016 / 8:08 am

One on one is a great time for giggly secrets and wishes and oh my gosh those cupcakes are dreamy