Bargain Hunting – The Ordinary Moments

Now the girls spent three hours on a Friday at nursery, I get a little bit of freedom and am able to potter about on a Friday morning going places I don’t usually.

Their nursery is right next to Charlie’s school and in turn, they’re both a five minute walk from our local town centre.

I have discovered the most wonderful little charity shop. It’s not one I had ever been in before and now it’s my go to on a Friday. Namely because they sell children’s books for 5p!! I thought it was a mistake but no, 5p! In the last two weeks I’ve managed to find these beauties in great condition

Totalling a whopping 10p and such brilliant books.

Last Friday I managed to find Charlie a lovely polo top that didn’t even look worn for ¬£2 and yes you guessed it another book for 5p. I always used to turn my nose up at charity shops but in recent years since having kids, things like books are just perfect as they’re so expensive brand new and it’s no different than getting ones from the library.

I live in a typical small town which due to high shop rents, is packed with charity shops so I’m loving being able to go bargain hunting with my free time – it’s a lot of fun and so satisfying. Does this mean I am now officially old?!

1. 17th April 2016 / 9:21 am

Oh wow what amazing bargains, especially at 5p!! I’ve never found anything that good in a charity shop! Although I do love to have a nosey and see what I can find xx

2. 17th April 2016 / 11:29 am

5p is incredibly cheap for books – what bargains! I’m glad you’re enjoying having a little free time.

3. 17th April 2016 / 2:27 pm

Such great little finds. Our charity shops in my town are rubbish and there is never anything in there, I went through a stage of obsessively hunting for good little bargains and in the end gave up as there was never anything! I hope you are enjoying your little bit of alone time. xx

4. 17th April 2016 / 3:17 pm

How lovely to have this time for you and some great things in your charity shop. We don’t have that many near us and don’t have good bargains like these x

5. 17th April 2016 / 3:46 pm

They are great bargains.
    I do look a mooch around a charity shop. We have about 10 on our high street. lol x

6. 17th April 2016 / 7:10 pm

I love a charity shop and I’m a little bit obsessed with children’s books so that shop sounds like a complete dream!

7. 17th April 2016 / 7:31 pm

Fab bargain hunting! I love a good bargain, but I am never quite that lucky. x

8. 19th April 2016 / 8:14 pm

What a bargain, 5p for books! I love a good nosey around a charity shop but usually have to have a bit of a drive out to find a decent one. The few close to us aren’t great but there are some fab ones in a couple of the small towns nearby! xx