Tourist Strolls [The Ordinary Moments]

It is the most bizarre time the week after Christmas and before New Year. Everyone is still hyped after Christmas and no one has a clue what day it is but we were all at home together.

When I opened the curtains I was somewhat taken aback that THE SKY WAS BLUE so we decided to do something we very rarely do – go for a stroll round town. I avoid going into town usually if I can because with a twin pushchair I can’t actually get into most shops! We live in a touristy town so of a weekend, when I’m brave enough to let the girls walk around without a pushchair, it’s usually busy so ultimately we rarely spent any time just down the road.

Seeing as we all needed to get out and about, we went early and stopped for breakfast then had a walk round the castle. Well, technically it is a castle – just not much of it left!

None of these pictures have been altered (and are only taken on my iPhone) but I can’t get over the colour of the sky. It was starting to get busy so we headed back but all really enjoyed doing the tourist thing, even if only for a couple of hours.

It was a great way to get out abc about before the rain came back!

1. Rebecca
    January 3, 2016 / 10:03 am

Lovely photos. I did’t realise you lived so local. Love visiting there. We usually go a couple of times a year x x

2. January 3, 2016 / 1:57 pm

You look like you live in the most beautiful place, I was trying to figure out if I knew where it was from the photos but I can’t. That sky is such an amazing colour. Our nearest city is Cambridge and it is always full of tourists, but sometimes we can’t help but join in and go and take photos and do the tourist thing- I think it makes you appreciate the place you live even more. x

3. January 3, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Oh wow what a gorgeous blue – definitely a rarity these past few weeks and perfect for such a lovely morning’s adventures:)
    Carie recently posted…Pip goes for a walkMy Profile

4. January 3, 2016 / 8:17 pm

What a gorgeous place you live in! Lovely pics and what a great way to spend the day.

5. Hannah
    January 3, 2016 / 10:15 pm

Beautiful place and beautiful photos, I keep being tempted by an Iphone, especially for the camera. I love the girls Yellow coats, and that blue sky is amazing xx

6. January 4, 2016 / 1:00 pm

Your town looks beautiful and it must have been lovely to get out about without the usual tourists. Happy New Year! x

7. January 4, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Oh wow, how gorgeous is that sky? I live in the North and I can’t remember the last time I saw blue sky! Great photo’s, sounds like you had a great day. x

8. January 4, 2016 / 3:15 pm

Amazing photographs and look at that sky! Its has been SO grey all Xmas! Lovely shots and what a stunning place xx
    mummyofboygirltwins recently posted…THE BEST TOY STORAGEMy Profile