National Wallpaper Week – Our Room

I have never really bothered all that much with our bedroom in any house we have lived in. I much prefer to jazz up everyone elses rooms before our own, but this time I decided it was time that I made a simple change. The Graham and Brown website has such a massive choice but I knew I wanted a grey theme. We painted the chimney breast wall grey so wanted a soft glamourous paper to compliment the paint and the Julien MacDonald Glitz Soft Grey Pearl paper ticked all the boxes.

The first thing I my husband would say about this wallpaper is – it’s horizontal. It kinds threw him a little after years of hanging it vertically but he soon got to grips and needed a bit of help to hold it whilst it was going across as usually it hangs down freely but honestly, it was’t that much of an issue.

grey

My husband was tasked with the decorating – hence the lack of before/during photos (sorry!) but as you can see it has transformed the bare white wall that seemed very small and completely changed the look of the whole room.

The paper itself is actually sparkly which again I didn’t realise until it arrived but it’s a very subtle glitter which I adore and makes it just gorgeous when the light catches it.

IMG_5177

The wallpaper is £20 per roll and I would definitely say it looks much more expensive than that. It is a good quality paper that didn’t rip and was easy to apply. The stripes being horizontal makes the space behind our bed seem much bigger giving the illusion thanks to the horizontal stripe.

IMG_5176I am in complete and utter LOVE with our feature wall. I want to upcycle my very tired looking bedside table to match the theme but already I love being in this room.

What do you all think?IMG_5178

IMG_5179

Disclosure – we were sent the wallpaper in exchange for this review. All words, opinions and photographs are my own

1. Karen Hughes
    October 10, 2015 / 8:25 am

Wow fantastic wish I had someone to transform my room like that Excellent job you must be thrilled

2. October 14, 2015 / 8:06 am

It is a complete transformation of the wall. Gorgeous! You must be thrilled.
    #homeetc
    Fionnuala recently posted…Nine Years Ago TodayMy Profile

3. October 14, 2015 / 1:00 pm

Yes! It looks amazing, I don’t think it’s the kind of thing I’d go for until now I’ve actually seen it in a “proper” space (and not an interiors magazine!) Superb hanging job too, not sure either me nor he would be brave enough to try. Love the idea of the subtle sparkle too X
    Lins @Boo & Maddie recently posted…Snuggling Up With Cosy FurnishingsMy Profile

4. October 14, 2015 / 7:03 pm

It looks fantastic, who would have thought it would make such a difference! I am such a fan of grey at the moment…and stripes, you must be made up with it! xx #HomeEtc

5. October 14, 2015 / 8:39 pm

The horizontal stripes look fab and I am loving the idea of glittery wallpaper too. It looks lovely and the light goes beautifully xx
    Lisa@intotheglade recently posted…Saturday at 7pm?My Profile

6. October 16, 2015 / 9:39 am

Aah I LOVE a bit of glitter, me!! 😉 Great job pet — what a difference! And the horizontal stripes are such a clever way of making the room look wider. Brilliant 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with Jess and me for #HomeEtc, we really appreciate it 🙂 xx
    Caro | The Twinkles Mama recently posted…#HomeEtc 22 — Home and Garden Inspired Blog HopMy Profile