Home Birds – The Ordinary Moments

This week has been an incredibly laid back week, the most tasking thing we did was venture to the supermarket and the car wash which the girls absolutely loved. We also did a spot of gardening which they really enjoyed helping with abc I finally got the clear the fence at the top of the garden which had bed bugging me!

After the chaotic last 6 weeks of moving house, Charlie back to school and sorting the old house it doesn’t seem like we’ve had a pretty mundane simple week and it’s been quite lovely. With half term only a week away and a Halloween diary getting quickly filled with invites and play dates I know that we will be busy soon so the calm before the fun storm.

On the whole the girls have been really good; the past few months have been very challenging with them becoming more and more independent but with this came frustrations, tantrums and tears (from us all) in short – I had days where I felt I was failing as a parent. And that’s hard, especially with a husband working away Monday to Friday that there’s no respite or just another adult to be able to talk it through with face to face. But this week I have it has been really enjoyable.

There have been lots of laughing, lots of dancing and silliness and just lots of being together. Don’t get me wrong there still have been squabbling, arguing and tantrums but the good has outweighed all these moments and I feel less frazzled and grumpy which feels great.

Long may it reign!

Linking with Katie at Mummy, Daddy and Me for her linky

1. October 18, 2015 / 8:11 am

So nice when the good outweighs the bad and I know exactly what you mean about when they become a bit more independent and it brings the tears and tantrums. We have that right now with z starting school. I think i can’t wait for half term….I *think* 😉
    Notmyyearoff recently posted…A Month OldMy Profile

2. October 18, 2015 / 12:00 pm

Moving house is so stressful but I am glad to see you’re coming out the other side now
    Kara recently posted…Project 365 2015, Week 42My Profile

3. October 18, 2015 / 12:19 pm

Lovely little pic of them there and glad to hear that things are calm since moving. It gives me hope as we face a move next year.
    Id love to have very little to do, it sounds idyllic, maybe I need to not cram so much in each week? x #ordinaryMoments
    Mary recently posted…The Ordinary Moments 42/51 – Ethan Turns 5My Profile

4. October 18, 2015 / 9:36 pm

Long may it last indeed! And I hope you had a lovely perfectly relaxed weekend, it sounds like exactly what you needed after so much tooing and froing!’
    Carie @ Space for the Butterflies recently posted…Time used wiselyMy Profile

5. October 18, 2015 / 10:19 pm

Sometimes it’s great just to have a week where you do nothing. It must be so tough not having your husband around Monday to Friday. I only have the one little boy and sometimes I am counting down the minutes to 5.30 when my husband gets home! #ordinarymoments
    Helen | Wonderfully Average recently posted…BubblesMy Profile

6. Heather Haigh
    October 19, 2015 / 8:10 am

Aww, it sounds like a really nice week and I love your picture.

7. October 19, 2015 / 5:34 pm

Sounds like a good week, and I’m glad that things are calm now after moving house! We are terrified of moving now we have a baby as it seems like it will be so much more stressful haha! Gorgeous photo! xx
    Chantal Milk&Nappies recently posted…{The Ordinary Moments} #30 – Days OffMy Profile

8. Jane Gorton
    October 19, 2015 / 9:11 pm

Seems like a very good week, we all have good and bad and its nice when we reflect x

9. October 22, 2015 / 7:54 pm

Awww they are so cute, that photo is adorable. And I completely agree, sometimes quiet weeks are just what you need. I need them every once and a while too. Especially after what seems like a ridiculously busy few weeks for you! x