Our Big News

I have been trying to keep it a secret in case it all went wrong but it really looks like we are buying our first house together!!

new house

I have always rented and my husband owns a house about 15 miles away but let’s it out as I never wanted to move so we decided we really wanted to move to a house that we can properly call ours and also one that we can extend for our family.

We have found a lovely house which isn’t too far from where we are currently but it’s closer to school, town and also my sister and Dad. It has the most amazing huge garden for the kids and whilst like for like when we initially move size-wise it’s pretty much a like for like (it does have a utility and bedrooms are slightly bigger) the same, the scope for extending is huge.

The neighbours have converted their loft to have an extra bedroom and ensuite and the potential to extend at the back without losing half the garden is just perfect to have a huge lounge and swapping the current lounge for a playroom.

I’m so excited about it all and am hoping we will be on the move in the next couple of months so expect a lot more interiors posts as we finally get to call our house our own! But I will keep the cork on the champagne until we have the keys in our hands – ever the optimist eh?!

1. July 7, 2015 / 1:08 pm

Yay you got the go ahead then. We rent too and I can not wait until we move hopefully within the next year . I bet you can’t wait to decorate and make it a perfect family home. Fingers crossed everything goes well and quickly for you xx
    Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life recently posted…A Slimming World UpdateMy Profile

2. July 7, 2015 / 1:39 pm

That’s fab! It’s great to own a home and be able to decorate and do what you would like to it.
    Louise B recently posted…Sunday Photo 5.7.15My Profile

3. July 7, 2015 / 6:42 pm

Eeeek congratulations (almost). It’s great owning your own home & being able to do whatever you want to it. Good luck & I can’t wait to see photos!
    Toni @ Gym Bunny Mummy recently posted…MUMS AND MONEY STRUGGLESMy Profile

4. July 7, 2015 / 7:00 pm

How exciting! Look forward to reading more and seeing lots of interiors posts 🙂 xx

5. July 9, 2015 / 7:01 am

Wow congratulations! 🙂 Yay for this! Such an exciting move, and it sounds perfect. How nice and fab to be bale to make it your own. Going through moving stress over here but it’s all worth it – cannot wait to hear more xx
    mummyofboygirltwins recently posted…Home Etc #8My Profile

6. January 3, 2017 / 6:48 pm

Wow that’s fab news! We have just started saving for a deposit – it’s such a stressful thing! Good luck with it all 🙂