Blogger Nightmares

Being a blogger has its highs and lows, good times and bad times and other just awesome times. It can be hard trying to explain to others what it’s all about but we come together as a community and just “get” it all.  But there are certain things are a sure fire way to strike fear into any bloggers heart and here’s my list of complete blogger NIGHTMARES that will have you waking up in a cold sweat*

• Flashing low battery on the camera when on a day out
  • You lose a press release
  • You dare to share contacts with other bloggers then they get picked not you
  • Spelling errors in a blog post. Or worse still in an email to a PR
  • You pitch to a company totally unaware that 2 years ago you wrote ranty tweets to them and those tweets my friends will come back to haunt you
  • When your child starts school and you can no longer attend 90% of bloggy events
  • No wifi and emails won’t open
  • Someone publishes a post an hour before your scheduled post is due to go out and it’s based on the same thing – but theirs is  WAY better
  • You type out a huge post and then it doesn’t save and your soul is broken
  • Your family start eating their meals before you’ve taken a bloody photo
  • You start joining every linky going – then forget which ones you’ve joined and pee off the host as you forget to comment and/or add the badge
  • Someone starts a blog or Twitter account with a very similar handle causing mass confusion
  • You go to a blogging conference and meet someone but then when they’ve gone quickly have to google their blog name to check who they are – oooops
  • Your plug in fails and you spam archive posts – about 50 links within the hour should do it to get unfollowed A LOT
  • You have a little sob over your Tots 100 score and swear revenge on that blogger who is higher than you
  • Your scheduled tweets contain spelling mistakes which copy in a company
  • You dare to go on holiday and feel compelled to get oodles of guest posts to fill the time
  • A family member asks to read your blog and your deepest darkest secrets that it was acceptable to share with complete strangers now seem really scary!
  • Two blog events on the same day
  • You have more than one child and they fight over review products
  • You miss Fathers Day because you went to a big blogging conference (sorry husband!!)

* hopefully not. It’s just blogging after all

1. June 25, 2015 / 8:20 pm

I was cringing and nodding along in agreement the whole way down! NIGHTMARES! Not sure if I’ve said but congrats on the Tots score – you’re sneaking up that chart! x
    Donna recently posted…Graco BloxMy Profile

• June 26, 2015 / 11:28 am

Ahh thanks Donna. Still a long way to catch you with the pro ninja that is your good self!! xx

2. June 26, 2015 / 6:54 am

I can definitely identify with a few of these things especially when you write something and then someone else has the same idea! Oh and I’m always checking and googling people at events! #thelist
    Emily G recently posted…Fish Fingers and Facetime HeartbreakMy Profile

3. June 26, 2015 / 11:08 am

Haha! I didn’t just lose battery on my camera, I SMASHED the bloody lens! And then realised I had a typo in my new blog tagline for THREE WEEKS before I noticed, and nobody told me! So many more on this list I can relate to 🙂
    #thelist
    Mumma McD recently posted…10 simple pleasures of a busy mummaMy Profile

4. June 26, 2015 / 7:24 pm

Blogger problems! You forget which Linky the post you’re commenting on belongs to and name the wrong one. #thelist. (It is, checked!).
    Mrs Tubbs recently posted…Liebster Award. Passing It On.My Profile

5. June 26, 2015 / 7:52 pm

Hehe these are so funny and true – I had a post delete itself when I went to save it and I think I managed to cry, swear and yell a slow-mo Noooo! all at the same time!
    Jenni – Baby Odd Socks & Lollipops recently posted…WOTW – MotivationMy Profile

6. June 27, 2015 / 9:58 am

Hehe it’s quite intense being a blogger – so much more to think about than actually just writing a post!
    Kiri recently posted…Baby Memory JarsMy Profile

7. June 28, 2015 / 7:11 am

LOL I can so relate to these, especially the linky one – I need to get more organised and I am always behind on commenting… Makes me feel better that its not just me, although I think you are right loosing a post is soul destroying and probably my worst… xx #Thelist
    Mudpie Fridays recently posted…Kids Birthday QuestionnaireMy Profile

8. June 28, 2015 / 5:41 pm

This is so funny!! I have not been blogging for long but I can relate with a few of them! Like the spelling/grammar mistakes! Have a nice day, #thelist
    A Moment with Franca recently posted…My Sunday Photo #2My Profile

9. June 29, 2015 / 10:32 am

I could barely read hun. I have chills! The camera thing has happened to me (as have many others) Oh the stress 😉 Fabulous post my love. Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList xx
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Good Old Fashioned FunMy Profile