Slimming World – Week 1

slimming world week 1
As most of you know, I have started on Slimming World and I have completed my first full week of Slimming World! I must admit that it took me a while to get my head round and I kept checking what I could and couldn’t eat, but I did an online shop to get everything in that I could eat and felt ready and raring to go. I did have to go out and get a few extra bits after seeing some tasty recipe ideas on Pinterest which I’ve pinned to my board.

I will admit I had a bit of a wobble on Monday. I was menstrual and just wanted to eat bad food so I did keep within my syns – but only just!

Another bump in the road as on Thursday I fell ill so again it all went a bit to pot and I was struggling to swallow and slept a lot so that was a pretty low calorie day.

So what an eventful first week but for the weight in… Drum roll….

Weight Change: Lost 7lbs! Hurrah

I cannot believe I have lost half a stone just through very small changes in my diet!!

I am a huge cheese and white bread fan along with crisps so I really really thought I’d struggle but I have swapped to the occasional brown roll for a healthy option and the masses of cheddar have been changed in favour of babybel lights and I’m impressed how I haven’t missed it!

Fizzy pop is also a huge downfall of mine. I don’t know why as I never really used to drink it but I’ve got to admit I’ve had quite a bit of diet coke but am trying to cut that down too.

So goals for the coming week:

• More exercise. I have been poorly but I think it’s essential to exercise more as well as doing the plan so I will try to walk a bit more and maybe start jogging again
  • Cut down on the diet coke. I’ve bought lots of mini bottles of water so hoping that works
  • Try out some recipes from my fakeaway book. By my own admission I’m a rubbish cook but we used to have a treat takeaway of a weekend so it’d be nice to try so my husband doesn’t feel so deprived!

Thanks for reading. I’m not expecting such a huge weight loss next week but any loss in my eyes is good and heading towards my goal (which is now just over 2 stone) I’m so chuffed so thanks Slimming World. I’d love to know if any of you are on the plan and how you’re getting on!

I am on a free 6 week trial with Slimming World in exchange for my blog posts which are honest and based on my own personal experiences

1. 16th May 2015 / 9:36 am

Well done Hun, that’s amazing. Whoop whoop!! I badly want to shift another stone and a half. In total lost 5 now. Might have to try slimming world. My mums doing it – not that she needs too! Lol. So pleased for you. Xx

2. 16th May 2015 / 3:47 pm

Fantastic weight loss lovely well done! I really need to do something I keep dipping in and out of my healthy weight range, and being 5 foot 2 every extra lb shows, I’m a stone heavier than I was two years ago and I feel heavier than that! Must find my will power!

Stevie x

3. 16th May 2015 / 10:02 pm

Half a stone in one week?! Blimey!! You are really on it! x

4. 17th May 2015 / 10:50 am

Wow, that is amazing to lose half a stone in a week! Well done! Sounds like a really good programme. Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly, I hope you feel better this week and can go on a couple of walks / jogs. Best of luck for Week 2! x

5. 17th May 2015 / 7:16 pm

Beth that’s incredible! Well done lovely! Let me know of if you want to join my health and fitness FB group/linky, everyone has weight loss/fitness/exercise goals so it’s nice and supportive xx

6. 19th May 2015 / 8:37 am

Well done on your loss! Losing weight is hard! I found blogging really helped me stay focused though. I didn’t do slimming world or anything, just used my fitness pal and linked up with simslife for #weightlosswednesday and it made a huge difference. Having the support network and whatnot.

Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

7. 20th May 2015 / 6:59 am

Well done Beth my lovely, although I think you look fab the way you are, you have to be happy in yourself so go for it, get happy!! 🙂 X

#WellbeingWednesday

8. Aimee
    20th May 2015 / 8:09 am

Well done, that’s amazing! I love Slimming World too – you never have to feel hungry as long as you have prepared and have all the right food in your fridge and cupboards! I need to cut down on the Diet Coke too…. 🙂

9. 20th May 2015 / 7:11 pm

wow! That’s an incredible first week, well done you! I’m so pleased for you as a good start can really get your head in the right place. I am such a diet coke addict too, I had to stop drinking it all together but a I must admit on SW I do buy a small bottle now and again just for something sweet. Well done Beth! Xx

10. 20th May 2015 / 7:20 pm

Wow well done you! That is fab. Keep at it and you’ll get there. A good start is great news as it will keep you motivated! Good luck. Jess x #WellbeingWednesday

11. lakshmi
    23rd May 2015 / 5:56 pm

Haha, I’m catching up on your latest blog posts! So, sorry if you get a load of notifications from me.

Congratulations! Keep it up x